starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to go from here?

Default Where to go from here?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey coach,

So I am 5'6 150 lbs, roughly 12% bf at 19 years old. I have trained on a linear progression program before and throughout my "training" career worked my way up to a 215 bench, 415 sumo deadlift, and 335x3 squat at 162 pounds. I, recently (3 months ago), had a knee injury that did not allow me to squat for the past three months and along with that, I ended up losing roughly 12 pounds. I have since regained the ability to squat as the injury has subsided and I can resume squatting.

My question stems from what is the best route for me to take at this point in time, I want to rebuild my squat up and feel that starting strength is obviously the best approach for that. I also have never really tried to put on size before as I have wrestled all my life and even into my first year of college, and of course with that cut enormous amounts of weight. My total end goal, lifelong, would be to achieve that men's physique looks, but understand as a natural, that simply getting stronger is the most efficient way to pack on size.

Basically, what would a proper route be to achieve this in terms of diet and training. Am I in a prime spot to use starting strength effectively for size attainment?

Thank you very much,
    Zach

Quote Originally Posted by zachjones97 View Post
    Am I in a prime spot to use starting strength effectively for size attainment?
    Yes.

You are far too weak to start worrying about gaining size bruh.

Your 19. It's not like your 26.

Quote Originally Posted by SquatPressPull View Post
    Your 19. It's not like your 26.
    I'm at the point now where I don't know why anyone worries about age (or time left to accomplish things) until their 80's.

There are so many people who start lifting at 30, 40, 50, 60+ and end up getting impressively strong by any measure, there's really no excuse to not immediately pick up a barbell and start training.

I'm not following here?

I am not following the logic here? Could you possibly elaborate please?

Nobody understands your question.

You're coming into it from a three month layoff (at least on squats, you don't mention the other lifts) and regaining that strength and more is certainly possible. Do the program and eat a lot. You're in the prime age to get strong as hell.

starting strength coach development program
    You are pretty weak for 5'6", 162#....you have already spoken of your body fat %, your desire for "men's physique looks", and you mention a knee injury that kept you from squatting for three months. In my experience, you have four strikes against you. If you plan on getting bigger, you are going to have to address these issues.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast