Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doing Something About it: A New Medical Care Delivery Model

Default Doing Something About it: A New Medical Care Delivery Model

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Wtf this is so fucking great !!!!!!

This is really cool. Couple of questions for Jordan and Austin:
    1. Can I use my HSA funds for this?
    2. Do you provide general feedback on lifting as well as medical or is it solely medicine based?

Thanks!
    Mark

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by crookedfinger View Post
    This is really cool. Couple of questions for Jordan and Austin:
    1. Can I use my HSA funds for this?
    2. Do you provide general feedback on lifting as well as medical or is it solely medicine based?

Thanks!
    Mark
    1) It is possible much of the time, yes.
    2) The services are different, re: explicit coaching vs general coaching you know? It depends what you're looking at.

What happens if you need to, say, feel a lump, or check a wheezing cough? And can you prescribe drugs?

Wow!

This really IS a departure from the standard practice of healthcare delivery. I have to say though, I hope you guys know what you’re doing. In reading your advertising and your “Terms of Use” statement, there seems to be quite a disconnect. Your mission seems very much to be connected to the actual practice of individualized medicine (medical advice, ordering and interpreting studies, medical counseling, declaring your medical credentials, etc.) and yet your terms of use suggest that you’re NOT practicing medicine. Even calling your clients “patients” seems worrisome to me.

I’m not a lawyer but I can tell you that from my involvement as an expert medical witness in multiple cases in the past, the medicolegal system can be quite suspicious with such disconnects. I hope your legal counsel is quite expert in this area and that they can at least offer some very pertinent prior case law to justify this type of practice. You might even want to get second opinions on this stuff.

It also sounds like you want to extend your practices to “a limited number of patients, anywhere in the world”. Unless you know for a fact that medical licensure will not be required to do this, that’s a real problem and any legal opinions your lawyers may represent to you may not hold up in other countries.

On the other hand, if you can clear these legal hurdles, then I wish you guys the best of luck!

^ I like the concept, but I also have some medicolegal questions. In Missouri, the doctor and the patient must have an initial face to face (in person) office visit before they can proceed to telemedicine. I do not know, but I wonder if the doctor is considered to be practicing in the state where the patient is and therefore must be licensed in that state. I suppose they have already looked into this so perhaps my understanding of the laws is off base.

Quote Originally Posted by MWittmer View Post
    I do not know, but I wonder if the doctor is considered to be practicing in the state where the patient is and therefore must be licensed in that state.
    I know they do for radiologists who read imaging studies done out of state.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    Wow!

This really IS a departure from the standard practice of healthcare delivery. I have to say though, I hope you guys know what you’re doing. In reading your advertising and your “Terms of Use” statement, there seems to be quite a disconnect. Your mission seems very much to be connected to the actual practice of individualized medicine (medical advice, ordering and interpreting studies, medical counseling, declaring your medical credentials, etc.) and yet your terms of use suggest that you’re NOT practicing medicine. Even calling your clients “patients” seems worrisome to me.
    The lawyer aspect of the deal was actually the tipping point for us (Austin and I) agreeing to work with these people vs. do our own thing. It will be individualized and I'm not sure what specific portions of the terms of use standpoint you mean?

It also sounds like you want to extend your practices to “a limited number of patients, anywhere in the world”. Unless you know for a fact that medical licensure will not be required to do this, that’s a real problem and any legal opinions your lawyers may represent to you may not hold up in other countries.
    Medical licensure is needed to practice medicine with respects to giving anything but general medical information and we will be licensed in all places we are doing so (and insured).

Quote Originally Posted by MWittmer View Post
    ^ I like the concept, but I also have some medicolegal questions. In Missouri, the doctor and the patient must have an initial face to face (in person) office visit before they can proceed to telemedicine. I do not know, but I wonder if the doctor is considered to be practicing in the state where the patient is and therefore must be licensed in that state. I suppose they have already looked into this so perhaps my understanding of the laws is off base.
    They do require the provider be licensed, but the face to face visit has some loopholes as well in certain, but not all instances. Being from Missouri myself, this is of explicit interest to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast