starting strength gym
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Low Back Pain? Maybe it's your pants.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    If you're a male and you wear blue jeans I only have three words for you:

Gusset cut crotch.

There, now go and live a far better life. I'd also tell you of worcestershire salt on a steak before searing, but I'm not sure you could handle all that bliss at once.

P.S. Especially useful if you like to manspread. Feminists will hate you, but you can probably mansplain things to them, man.

Matt Reynolds has recently vouched for Barbell Apparel jeans (~$150) as well as the AE loose fit.

I've heard good things about Bonobos through a large-legged friend of mine, but they look expensive as well (~$100 on the average).

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Anderson View Post
    How much do the American Eagle jeans run? The Old Navy ones are about $40 but can get them cheaper from the website with deals.
    I've gotten them for $33 recently. They're currently on sale through the website for $37.

AEO Extreme Flex Original Straight Jean, Authentic Dark Indigo | American Eagle Outfitters
    AEO Extreme Flex Original Straight Jean, Dark Rinse | American Eagle Outfitters

The return process, while free, was kind of dumb (had to go to the mall store where they just printed out a return label for me).

Backcountry has 20% off right now (get yourself some prAna Zions for $68 and free shipping).

pants.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sam McLeod View Post
    Will, just give either of these a try.
    My problem is two fold:

1) though I an fairly thin, I am not built like an Abercrombie model, so pants that fit around the waist tend to be very tight around my thighs and ass.

2) I have a 29-30" waist and wear a 30" length. It is really damned hard to even find a pair of pants I couldn't wear in the proper size. Oftentimes, I have to buy a 32-34" waist and cinch that down with a belt. I also wear a size 7.5 shoe and it is damn near impossible to find shoes that fit anywhere other than online.

It really sucks being such a diminutive adult male.

How much do the American Eagle jeans run? The Old Navy ones are about $40 but can get them cheaper from the website with deals.
    Do you not have google in NC?

Glad to see that I'm not the only one to embrace the stretchy jeans.

Whew! Thanks!

I was starting to think that my lower back pains were associated with the stress induced by the combined weights of my morbidly obese and gelatinously quivering, ass and belly.

But it's the pants. Yeah...that's the ticket...it is my PANTS!!!

I'm gonna get some of those "Yoga pants". They look really comfy!

Duluth Trading Post are probably the most comfortable pants I have. Not cheap, but gusseted crotch and a little bit of stretch but tough as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    My problem is two fold:

1) though I an fairly thin, I am not built like an Abercrombie model, so pants that fit around the waist tend to be very tight around my thighs and ass.

2) I have a 29-30" waist and wear a 30" length. It is really damned hard to even find a pair of pants I couldn't wear in the proper size. Oftentimes, I have to buy a 32-34" waist and cinch that down with a belt. I also wear a size 7.5 shoe and it is damn near impossible to find shoes that fit anywhere other than online.

It really sucks being such a diminutive adult male.
    I thought I would have the same issue as I have tried regular AE jeans in the past and I had that issue. The straight cut in these jeans are very comfortable on me, but I'm a 38" waist and 34" length, so maybe the proportions are different for larger guys? I guess I thought that the proportions would be the same for smaller guys, just smaller, but is that not true?

Anyway, you could always go to an AE store and try them on and see if they fit? Or the old navy jeans are not bad either, but they don't look as good.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one to embrace the stretchy jeans.
    I accidentally bought a pair of stretchy Levi 541 jeans and felt guilty wearing them b/c they were so comfortable. Only problem was they don't seem to breathe as well as straight cotton denim.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam McLeod View Post
    I thought I would have the same issue as I have tried regular AE jeans in the past and I had that issue. The straight cut in these jeans are very comfortable on me, but I'm a 38" waist and 34" length, so maybe the proportions are different for larger guys? I guess I thought that the proportions would be the same for smaller guys, just smaller, but is that not true?

Anyway, you could always go to an AE store and try them on and see if they fit? Or the old navy jeans are not bad either, but they don't look as good.
    It is virtually impossible to find a pair of 29"x30" or 30"x30" pants anywhere. It is either, apparently, an exceptionally rare size, or there is a hidden population of millions of men in this country that are akin to hobbits, because that size is never in the stores. I can find plenty of 42"x30" though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast