starting strength gym
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: whiskey flavor

Default whiskey flavor

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Rip, I recently started trying to drink less shitty whiskey to see what all the fuss is about. Just bought some eagle rare and I like it but I don't taste many random flavors. But when I watch reviews of whiskey or bourbon on the internet they're always like 'wow i'm getting a hint of vanilla and caramel and blah blah.' Are they full of shit or can you actually develop sensitive enough tastes to get this much variety in a single drink?

They, like wine critics, are full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I've pretty much found that most "experts" in all fields are full of shit. The mind boggling amount of tolerance--and even acceptance--for mediocrity is truly stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is what I wanted to hear, because I want to enjoy whiskey without having to pull fanciful flavors out of my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kirkham View Post
    I've pretty much found that most "experts" in all fields are full of shit. The mind boggling amount of tolerance--and even acceptance--for mediocrity is truly stunning.
    For non scientific fields, I think this is correct.

Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by synnfusion View Post
    For non scientific fields, I think this is correct.
    I stand by what I said, "In all fields.

I am constantly amazed at "scientists and engineers" who readily pontificate on all sorts of bullshit that quite obviously violates the laws of thermodynamics. It's dumbfounding to speak with them. Just today I think I lost 10 IQ points speaking with one.

Then there was the PT and DPT I spoke with yesterday...wow. Just wow. Those guys, although quite sincere and friendly, somehow even violated the laws of common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kirkham View Post
    I stand by what I said, "In all fields.

I am constantly amazed at "scientists and engineers" who readily pontificate on all sorts of bullshit that quite obviously violates the laws of thermodynamics. It's dumbfounding to speak with them. Just today I think I lost 10 IQ points speaking with one.

Then there was the PT and DPT I spoke with yesterday...wow. Just wow. Those guys, although quite sincere and friendly, somehow even violated the laws of common sense.
    You can absolutely find quacks in every field, so I guess what I'm really trying to say is that there at least is a large subset of scientists and engineers that aren't full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by synnfusion View Post
    ... Are they full of shit or can you actually develop sensitive enough tastes to get this much variety in a single drink?
    I forgot where I read it but some people have more sensitive smell and taste genetically, so you probably can't develop it much.

starting strength coach development program
    If you want to practice tasting things I recommend beer. There are more variables that are immediately perceptible to those who aren't completely full of shit.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast