starting strength gym

Thread: FAI questions

Default FAI questions

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello All,

Firstly, this is a great website and forum, i found a lot of helpful information.

I'm based in Greece, i started Crossfit 3 months ago and stopped 1.5 months ago because of pain on my hip during deep squating and deadlifts. I was at the doctor (orthopedic specialized on sports injuries) just yesterday as pain has not left entirely to see what is the problem. He advised i have a lack of external rotation on the hips (only 15 degrees) and symptoms looked like FAI.

He advised as well to not take and MRI and X-Ray yet but to continue with my exercise by cutting off deep squat. As i wouldn't like down the surgery road, i'm thinking to cut off squats at all and possibly weightlifting with a barbell.

Can you please advise any other exercises that should be avoided and others that should replace them ? Also, would box squat be a good option or it will it irritate the problem as well ?

I don't want stop going to the box, as this is the first time after many years i find something that keeps me interested so much.

Height : 170 cm // Weight : 68 Kgs

Thank you all for your time.

Hip pain by itself is not a diagnosis of FAI, which this is probably not. Your doctor doesn't know anything about squats, or CrossFit. Read the book, stop abusing your hips with thousands of air squats, start training correctly, and gain some weight.

FAI is a radiological finding.