starting strength gym

Thread: Human body and salt regulation

Default Human body and salt regulation

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Here's an interesting study. Given, salt intake is discussed here, often contentiously so.

Why Everything We Know About Salt May Be Wrong - NYTimes.com

An interesting article.

Instead of drinking more, the crew were drinking less in the long run when getting more salt. So where was the excreted water coming from?

“There was only one way to explain this phenomenon,” Dr. Titze said. “The body most likely had generated or produced water when salt intake was high.”
    This has not been my experience. Eating a lot of salty pizza tends to make me very thirsty, causing me to get up several times at night to drink water.

Rip, Storing away all the carbs in that pizza is using up a lot of water from your system. That's what is making you thirsty. if you go from a high carb diet to a low card diet, in the first week you lose 3-6 lbs of water weight. That's a lot of water!

I don't eat that much of the crust. And I neglected to mention that when I get up to drink, I have to pee too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    An interesting article.

This has not been my experience. Eating a lot of salty pizza tends to make me very thirsty, causing me to get up several times at night to drink water.
    This is the main reason I don't care for pizza. I feel thirsty immediately and no amount of water helps.