starting strength gym
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Currently developping a new weight lifting shoe and need some input

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If the heel is lowered externally, the design is fine. If the heel is lowered by using a thinner orthotic insert (my preference), the tops will have to be lowered accordingly so that the shoe does not abrade the ankles.

There is definitely a market for this shoe. Get a website URL now.

His current webpage is Schuh Bertl München ~ rahmengenähte Schuhe ~ zwiegenähte Schuhe ~ Haferlschuhe ~ Spezialist in traditioneller Schuhmachart but the weight lifting shoe is not there yet.

I will forward your feedback to my friend Bertl and come back as soon as things start moving.

Thank you for the most valuable support!

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

looks good. I'd definitely buy a pair when they are released. Are there going to be sizing for people with narrow / wider feet?

You might want to think about doing a pre-sale on indiegogo or kickstarter -- that way you'll know exactly how many shoes and of each size so there are no surplus production. It also gives you an indication of how much interest there is in the product.

It definitely needs to be produced in two widths. The biggest problem with Adidas is that they are B-width.

I have EEE feet and my Adipowers fit fine.

There is definitely a market for custom shoes though...

Adidas must have started making wider shoes. My sincerest apologies to the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Adidas must have started making wider shoes. My sincerest apologies to the company.
    Wide seems to me to be sadly subjective. I tried their wide ones and I had no luck....but then again I am 4E. They felt like C-D width though to me.

I would greatly welcome other options. I'm liking my custom made ones from Risto, but not how they aren't holding up.

I have really narrow feet. My Adidas adi powers fit great. They do run narrow.

You and Greg seem to have contradictory opinions.

Mine were purchased this year (red/gray ones). I tried 3 different pairs (I had a guest pass to the employee store) and they all fit the same. Perhaps they adjusted sizing with this model? I don't think feet can shrink.

Anyway, these custom shoes look really interesting. I have a set of White's boots that I've had resoled 3 times and they are still great.

starting strength coach development program
    I feel something definitely has changed with Adidas shoe width. My first pair of weightlifting shoes were the 2004 Adidas Adistars (the silver ones with three metatarsal straps). Initially these felt really tight but seemed to stretch out over time and I used them for 10+ years.

Last year i was forced to finally to get a new pair of weightlifting shoes and tried a few different makes eventually settling on the Nike Romaleos 2. One of them were the Adidas Powerlift3 and those felt much wider compared to my Adistars.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast