Default Downward trajectory of Test

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I am 40 years old. My Testosterone test results are as follows:
    8/20/16: 530.6
    5/30/17: 287.6
    6/10/17: 270.6

I am now waiting to see what my doc recommends. I've explained to him since the first test that I've felt like shit (tired, low libido, etc). However, I noticed on my test results that they list 193.00 - 950.00 ng/dL as the standard range. 193????? WTF? If he does allow me to get on TRT I will request injections. But I'm, sure he will just say I am still in the normal range and to just deal with feeling like shit. Great.

"If he allows you"? Your testosterone is in fact dangerously low.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    "If he allows you"? Your testosterone is in fact dangerously low.
    Yes, TRT requires a prescription of course and my doctor has to provide one. And with the 193 test level being within "standard range," I doubt he will. How stupid.

Screw up the courage to ask someone else. Maybe a different doctor.

Im 35 and my last labs showed my testosterone level was 167. The physician who ordered the labs read the lab report, and he looked at me and said (direct quote), "Your testosterone levels are extremely low, but there is no reason to treat you because you look like you are doing fine without it." He then suggested a trial of an antidepressant, even though there is absolutely no clinical signs / symptoms or any indication for treatment of depression.

Quote Originally Posted by TarzanMoosefart View Post
    Yes, TRT requires a prescription of course and my doctor has to provide one. And with the 193 test level being within "standard range," I doubt he will. How stupid.
    I walked into the doctors office with the same problem, but I came in with printed research and I learned more about trt than him. Now I'm getting the treatment I need, as a 28 year old should not have test levels below 270.

Remember your doctor works for you, not the other way around. If he's unwilling to treat you, go somewhere else. I've gotten much better treatment after studying this kind of thing myself and bringing in articles and research for the doctor to look over. If the doc can't explain why I'm wrong, they usually give me what I want or I go to a different doctor.

Just so Tarzan doesn't think I'm picking on him, I have said for a decade on this board that the doctor is your consultant -- you are not his ward. As evidenced in several recent threads, this subservient attitude towards doctors is not good for anybody:

When to defer to a doctor

Spontaneous Spinal Tear

Trainee with myeloma

Weird, most labs seem to state anything under 300 is Low...

If you're in the states, this is a simple fix. Avoid your GP and go see a urologist. With these levels any and all urologists will (should) immediately get you set up on TRT. There are also plenty of "TRT Centers" that focus solely on this thing. My experience with my urologist is TRT is like candy that he will willingly hand out.

I am 40 years old. My Testosterone test results are as follows:
    8/20/16: 530.6
    5/30/17: 287.6
    6/10/17: 270.6

I am now waiting to see what my doc recommends. I've explained to him since the first test that I've felt like shit (tired, low libido, etc). However, I noticed on my test results that they list 193.00 - 950.00 ng/dL as the standard range. 193????? WTF? If he does allow me to get on TRT I will request injections. But I'm, sure he will just say I am still in the normal range and to just deal with feeling like shit. Great.
    You have a clear test showing what "normal" is for your body (low 500s). A good doctor should prescribe a dose that will bring you back up to those levels (may take some trial and error).

The problem a lot of people have is that they never had their levels tested when they were feeling normal. So if a reading of 300 ng/dL is measured then is it a low-T issue or something else (Thyroid, etc.)? If low-T, how much should it be bumped up by? A good endocrinologist should order a full panel (blood sugar, cortisol, thyroid, Test., etc.) and go from there.

starting strength coach development program
    Response from my doctor: "Your total testosterone level was similar to one month ago at 272.60. This is not overt deficiency. Not certain that increased level would resolve fatigue but could try for a few months with one of the skin foams."

Skin foam? WTF?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast