starting strength gym

Thread: Audio: The Belt and The Deadlift

Default Audio: The Belt and The Deadlift

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Must have been about 7 months ago I gave this some serious thought. I've always noticed it is quite difficult to get into pulling position with my 4 inch belt. Noticed I wore my belt pretty high, decided to lower it, got worse. Gave my best effort to measure the distance between lowest rib and my hip bone. Its about 3 inches. I am very long torso'd. The 2.5 inch belt has been an improvement. Took an initial adjustment for me though.

I was hoping to see more comments about the video on here.

General Leathercraft has "Deadlift" belts, but they look to only be 6.5mm thick leather. Or they have a 2.5" 10mm belt. In the video Rip says to get a 10mm belt, so I am guessing my best option is the 2.5" over the "Deadlift" belts that General Leathercraft offers.

Call them and ask Matt to build you what you want. They will do it.

Rip,

I'm sure I read the article when you first published it, but it took your reading it to me to motivate me to order a 2.5" belt from Dean Best. I am short (5'5"), so I figured 2.5" would be a safer bet for me vs. the 3". I don't perceive that I'm having trouble squozing, but I did have a harder time with my most recent 5 x 1 deadlift session than I should have. It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be the belt. I'll video myself next time I deadlift and post it in the coaches Q&A. In the near-term absence of a properly proportioned belt, would you recommend deadlifting sans belt in order to get the starting position right?

starting strength coach development program
    I would.