starting strength gym
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Chase Lindley at WFAC presses 315 at 220

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip, my guess is he asked for the same reason I asked you a few months ago. Everyone on this board assumes you worked your ass off training with all of the same life's challenges to training many of us inevitability have. We look up to you.

If you can hit 205 it gives us a goal to hit as well. I think most of us on this board are of average genetic potential regarding strength training, yet we still have dreams of PR's--but we have no idea where those PR's are. We know we don't have the same potential, but we are looking for the ball park.

We love to see Chase and Matt press 300's but we know that is not in the realm of us mere mortals.

These "goals" focus our mind. Yet, somehow--when we hit those PR's we only glory in it for 10 minutes before we set a new goal. I'm always surprised at how fast PR's fade as a new one takes its place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Wait, when Rip mentioned Chase playing football his Freshman year, he meant HIGH SCHOOL?
    He's 19. College.

Quote Originally Posted by Giri View Post
    SS is sort of cult-ish with a lot of mini-you wannabes. Surely, you'd have noticed
    Yeah, someday I'll measure up to Rip's staggering 5'8".

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He's 19. College.
    Well that's OK then. I was bummed out because a kid 40 years younger than me can press more than I can deadlift. I feel better that he's only 35 years younger.

In all seriousness, well done Chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    I would rather not try to build strength and muscle with a weak link in my insulin signaling systems, thank you....seein's how insulin signaling has effects on the metabolism and storage of fuels, growth factor signaling (mTOR, Akt and p70S6k just a few players downstream of insulin and IRS-1 signal transduction), gene expression, cell growth and survival...stuff like that. And then there's the systemic effects--autonomic, neurohumoral, and vasomotor function....oh! and serum glucose regulation, which becomes complicated when you reflect upon the fact that muscle glucose uptake during exercise is largely insulin-independent.

So yeah. Just a leeeeeeeetle bit relevant to training.

Looking at you, Arkadian.
    Dr Goljan? Is that you?

Huge congrats to Chase! Most people can't squat, deadlift or bench press 3 plates let alone press!

I don't understand what the detractors of this thread (or forum for that matter) stand to gain with spewing their verbal diarrhea. Either contribute in a positive fashion or keep your comments to yourself. We all know you wouldn't behave like this in person, so there is no reason to do so behind your keyboard.

Super impressive achievement! congrats!

I hesitate to ask, but I haven't seen anyone else pose the question, so here goes (hope no one gets mad at me, it's a question, no critique �� ):

I see a little dip or bounce just before initiation of the push, I wonder if this is a result from the hip thrust (press 2.0), or breathing pattern related, or just a little rebound on purpose to get the weight starting to go up?

The rebound will be a feature of any 315 press, and is part of the technique instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kirkham View Post
    He has doubled his strength twice in a month and a half. The program is amazing with young men.
    What does that mean? No matter how I read it I can't see that can possible be what you meant. He was only able to press 45 lbs and now he can press 180 lbs?

Yo, Chase. What's that as % of bench max? It's been discussed elsewhere, but I'm wondering if he thinks bench as an accessory drove his press or if it was mostly just pressing that drove the press.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Yeah, someday I'll measure up to Rip's staggering 5'8".
    But meanwhile, us lesser mortals can play the TMPHBITEU Jr. of dry sarcastic humor without a minuscule of the experience, knowledge or the reasoning that ought to accompany it.

On a side-note, I always read TMPHBITEU as "Timbuktu-petov". I wasn't curious to find out because it sounded funny that way!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast