Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Rehabilitation

Default Article: Rehabilitation

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rehabilitation | Mark Rippetoe

An excerpt from PPST3 pending revision.

Good read, and something more people should be aware of. Rest is rarely the answer.

PPST3 is going to get a chapter on injury rehabilitation, Mark?

No, this is an excerpt from chapter 9.

I was going to post this in the "Is PT a Fraud" but it was closed. I have to say after working in the PT world for 4 years now, I am very disappointed with the "profession." Honestly when Mark says "they just healed" it is no lie most of the time. Don't get me wrong, OP PT has helped people and will continue, however, as a total institution, its failing. Treatments that don't work (most modalities), exercises that don't work (most anything given in isolation, with horrible ), and people in it for the money (using HS diploma 19 year old techs to do exercises with you). They thought DPT program was going to save it, more years of college but same nonsense treatments. I will acknowledge, there are treatments and PT's that can help you and each should analyzed on their on merits. I know some treatments help, but it has gotten out of hand. Sad days for the Physical therapy world. If you want to rehab, get strong, do it correctly, eat and sleep, read SS and PP and most pain will go away.

Go to my FB page at Mark Rippetoe - Home | Facebook and scroll down to the post about the PT article. The comments are interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Go to my FB page at Mark Rippetoe - Home | Facebook and scroll down to the post about the PT article. The comments are interesting.

I wish I had FB for just those comments alone. Ive worked with the old PT's and the new and so called improved DPT, both do the same treatments for the most part. Dry needling is the new thing in PT all over, although it has been around for a little while now, they use this and their "manual techniques" to hold credibility. The fact is most know better, they get the education, they just don't apply the exercise or the right exercises. If only some could go to a SS seminar so they could tie their education to real application like my wife and I did.The PT and esp DPT like to think they are the wizards of orthopedic medicine. Teachers and PT's are a lot alike, don't dare criticize them, they have a degree.... Also, as most know our whole health care system is jacked, patients get funneled to certain practitioners because of marketing or POPS (physician owned PT). Those that are defending the current situation must work in great places or are lying to themselves. I guess I would be mad if I had 90k in student loans and 6+ years of my life in school to find out it was for this. 2 days on a weekend would be better for most. Again this is not all of them, but it is the majority most definitely. I have worked now in Colorado and Texas, both with the same poor OP care.

Quote Originally Posted by tww1313 View Post
    Those that are defending the current situation must work in great places or are lying to themselves.
    Most are defending the system because they don't know any different.

Quote Originally Posted by LimieJosh View Post
    Most are defending the system because they don't know any different.
    I really wish this was the case but it is not. Most know what they are doing is not working. I know this 100%. I have seen outright jokes for exercise and treatments just because the PT doesn't know what to do. We place way to much emphasis on their degree. We should be scrutinized just as much as chiropractors and other non-effective treatments are. I know part of it is the healthcare system, where medicaid and and medicare will take anyone and send them to PT for years with no results. Believe me, these doctoral educated people know better....ignorance is not bliss in this case. The reason they keep doing is it they need to keep their jobs, have massive loans, and just spent years in school for. They have to try and legitimize it somehow, usually with medical terms and big unusual words to lay folks.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Gastrocnemius has now entered the realm of gastroenterology apparently!

Rip, not sure if this question has been posed in the past, but are there any plans for a rehabilitation text/manual to accompany SS & PPST?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast