Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Platform video: How to Use The Prowler

Default Platform video: How to Use The Prowler

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Thanks Rip.

Always like your Platform Videos.

As one approaching 60 who just walks the Prowler already, I found a few things I need to tweek as far as form.

Thanks.

Hey, I just watched your interview of Jim Wendler a couple of days ago in which you both joked about having to teach the prowler. Weird coincidence. Good interview, btw. Cannot recommend it enough to everyone here.

Thanks for making this Rip.

Last year, when I was using the prowler to rehab my calf, I ended up doing it the way you recommend, since that configuration allows a more natural gait, where the calves can be used from a more stretched position (from a position of more dorsiflexion). I got some odd looks from people, and I'm glad to see that I wasn't completely off my rocker.

A convincing argument. It never would have occurred to me to use the prowler like this, as I'd have immediately viewed unlocked elbows as a leak.

60 meters? Does it go trough the hall?

And walking, I understand your explanation. But since its more of an conditioning tool wouldn one want to up the pace? Or are the heavier weights enough to up the heart rate etc?

Great video btw?

What was the prowler track material?

My understanding of kinetic friction force is that it is solely a function of normal force and coefficient of kinetic friction neither of which are functions of speed. Given that, I always thought the idea that prowler work is easier when you push it faster is simply a perception thing. Obviously, when you stop, the force required to overcome the static friction will be higher than if you just keep pushing, but after movement is started, the force required to keep pushing should be the same.

Do you have an alternate explanation (other than perception) to explain why prowler work seems to be easier when you push faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Maties Hofstede View Post

And walking, I understand your explanation. But since its more of an conditioning tool wouldn one want to up the pace? Or are the heavier weights enough to up the heart rate etc?
    The track is astroturf, and runs the length of the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewL View Post
    My understanding of kinetic friction force is that it is solely a function of normal force and coefficient of kinetic friction neither of which are functions of speed. Given that, I always thought the idea that prowler work is easier when you push it faster is simply a perception thing. Obviously, when you stop, the force required to overcome the static friction will be higher than if you just keep pushing, but after movement is started, the force required to keep pushing should be the same.

Do you have an alternate explanation (other than perception) to explain why prowler work seems to be easier when you push faster?
    Sounds like a question for Spacediver.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Maties Hofstede View Post
    I thought he said "down & back" is 60m . . . 30m is halfway.

]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast