starting strength gym
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Do you add salt to your food

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Eventually, yes. If you still get no water. But, sooner or later we're all about to die, do we???
    But then, what if you drink
    too much water
    ? You're dead either way. Life is fraught with danger. I'm not sure how people manage to live at all.

I actually had a patient once who was hospitalized for hyponatremia because he was doing a water fast. I think it was for religious reasons. Don't do this. He was trying to do a 40 day fast. I don't remember how long he did it. I hope pastors don't encourage such things.

I think they should encourage it. Congregations need a weeding mechanism.

I talk about 2.5-3 litres the maximum. I hardly get 4 pounds of liquid a day. Yes, too much of everything can send you to your ancestors. But there's also a common sense.

Rip if you cut the grass outside during the summer for two hours and then you have to train later that day, what do you personally do hydration wise so you're not weak during your session?

I drink lots of water, until I'm no longer thirsty. Like I did yesterday.

How long are you going to keep this up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

How long are you going to keep this up?
    Rip can you please do a video explaining your obviously complicated hydration protocol. My understanding is, drink water when thirsty, surely it cannot be that simple! Please go into as much detail as possible, I think a 30 minute video should suffice.

I used to hydrate, but it got to be so goddamn expensive that I just started drinking water. Works almost as well.

I used to hydrate, but it got to be so goddamn expensive that I just started drinking water. Works almost as well.
    Bottled or tap? Come on, a video would clarify I'm sure.

Is there any evidence that your normal thirst response in inadequate for this purpose? How about you just drink water until you're no longer thirsty? Or do you just have the psychological need to complicate the uncomplicated?
    I get that you're not a fan of making things complicated, but I see this as similar to counting macros. Sure, it's more complicated than just eating when you're hungry, but it does seem to work better for most people. It's about the same temperature here as Wichita Falls most days, and I notice a difference on days I drink less, even if I'm not particularly thirsty. In this case, I doubt it's just placebo either, given how many non-crappy studies there are that point in the same direction. Sure, you can over-do it, and I think the guys carrying gallon bottles in the gym are probably just inconveniencing themselves, but I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to optimize your hydration.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    my doctor has promised more meds if the BP isn't down next time I see him.
    You know your doctor works for you, more or less, right? I'm not telling you to second-guess him if you don't know anything about the topic being discussed, but he can't order you to take medicines. I mean, mine can, but that's a different story and for different reasons.

starting strength coach development program
    That's disappointing I was looking for some cool trick. No salt? I see

Quote Originally Posted by SJB View Post
    Rip can you please do a video explaining your obviously complicated hydration protocol. My understanding is, drink water when thirsty, surely it cannot be that simple! Please go into as much detail as possible, I think a 30 minute video should suffice.
    This is super funny wow. Nice one!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast