starting strength gym
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Do you add salt to your food

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    You know your doctor works for you, more or less, right? I'm not telling you to second-guess him if you don't know anything about the topic being discussed, but he can't order you to take medicines. I mean, mine can, but that's a different story and for different reasons.
    Oh, I understand that fully. I already refused to fill a script for statins, I was losing weight and my cholesterol went up (from 250 to 270), apparently common because as you reduce the fat in your body the cholesterol has to go somewhere, so it goes into the blood stream, to the liver, and out. Six months later is was 205 and he opined "the statins worked!" and I told him I never filled the prescription.

Still, High Blood Pressure is, from what I've read, a serious issue. I'm trying to understand just what's involved in treating it without meds (I've already told my doc that my goals include getting off all the HBP meds). The issue of sodium has been out there for so long I didn't even realize that consuming salt might not adversely affect my BP.

Quote Originally Posted by TarzanMoosefart View Post
    The average American eats 3400mg of salt every day. I can't imagine anyone being low on salt given how it is pretty much all over everything.
    I suspect this doesn't apply to the type of people who control their diet for the purpose of strength training. The foods recommended for muscle gains don't necessarily come permeated with salt like the processed food in the average American's menu. If a large fraction of your calories comes from eggs and meat and unprocessed vegetables, you might need to consciously add salt.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by dietlbomb View Post
    I suspect this doesn't apply to the type of people who control their diet for the purpose of strength training. The foods recommended for muscle gains don't necessarily come permeated with salt like the processed food in the average American's menu. If a large fraction of your calories comes from eggs and meat and unprocessed vegetables, you might need to consciously add salt.
    Definitely. I was told to increase by sodium intake based on bloodwork for a cardiac event.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567