starting strength gym

Thread: Podcast: Why Getting Sore Doesn't Make You Stronger

Default Podcast: Why Getting Sore Doesn't Make You Stronger

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Your discussion does a good job separating soreness from strength. You make it seem like soreness can be normal at times, but should be avoided as much as possible. This seems like a pretty hard line stance. The body is obviously going through a form of stress, recovery, adaptation with soreness as well. The question I see come up is, does it add anything of value? There must be some kind of measurable benefit. If I can now do something without being sore afterwards that I could not do before, I have improved.

By the way, I don't mean over doing it either. You can be sore too often and feel the physiological effects of always having so much inflammation, but those effects are not unlike the effects of over training when strength training.

Did you read the article? Perhaps just listening to it as an audio isn't enough for full comprehension.

Why Being Sore Doesn't Mean You're Getting Stronger | Mark Rippetoe

Should soreness be an indicator of the need for additional recovery? In other words, you end up sore for whatever reason (doing something stupid/different/new) should you just push through this soreness in your next training session or layoff and recover some more first.

You will always train with some soreness, and advanced lifters always do. If you cannot train while sore, you cannot train.