starting strength gym
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Engagement Manager?

Default Men's Engagement Manager?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Thank God I'm not in college these days. Will there be MEM's at all future starting strength events?

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/34858/

The real question is, what will arise to replace colleges and universities for training and education once enough people get tired of this silly bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by TarzanMoosefart View Post
    Thank God I'm not in college these days. Will there be MEM's at all future starting strength events?

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/34858/
    Christ. Colleges do this all the time, because creating a bullshit position is much easier than actually holding people accountable for their actions. Not nearly as effective, of course, but at least it's not hard.

My guess is that private industry may have to get together and start setting up their own educational pipelines (Exxon, Shell, etc for engineers) for the jobs they need. They are likely to do a better job of getting kids the practical education/training they need to actually be prepared to step into the market place without the debt load.

A shame though since I believe a broader education is valuable, but universities have become nonsense rather than broad.

And the cognoscenti wonder why enrollment of males in colleges is down.

I think the apprenticeship model needs to be revived immediately. This will require that basic science and engineering be taught alongside, and this will require other services be created.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    And the cognoscenti wonder why enrollment of males in colleges is down.
    This is obviously by design.

This is nuts - yeah, some dudes act macho and compensate and probably do bad things because they're super insecure about their masculinity; but that is not indicative of systemic toxic masculinity. That's so insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    My guess is that private industry may have to get together and start setting up their own educational pipelines (Exxon, Shell, etc for engineers) for the jobs they need. They are likely to do a better job of getting kids the practical education/training they need to actually be prepared to step into the market place without the debt load.

A shame though since I believe a broader education is valuable, but universities have become nonsense rather than broad.
    Yes: Udacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The real question is, what will arise to replace colleges and universities for training and education once enough people get tired of this silly bullshit?
    I think the apprenticeship model needs to be revived immediately. This will require that basic science and engineering be taught alongside, and this will require other services be created.
    Yes, and probably we will get rid of all these stupid stickers (diplomas, Nobel prizes, etc) for actual work and measurement data by entering learning spaces and getting out with something to show and that is working.

But since everything is going backward, we first have to hope that IQ will stop dropping: you cannot learn anything to a 70 IQ guy, or so little. At best, you give him orders.
    I would guess that, if the Internet keeps working, you would have a lot more of "Rips" and conferences that act as "schools" with people ending up with a 1 liner CV like:
    "I've learnt my craft working with W on project X and did the part Y that you can see at Z." (a lot like how a PhD works but without the silly academical BS).
    The big ≠ being that the Internet makes good news spread faster w/o the need to ask a permission to anyone (much less intermediaries) unlike in older times.

For example, this guy is so good as a baker that he cannot do as many breads as he is asked to.
    He does not take more clients so he is learning others to do good bread.
    Money does not matter at some point: craftsmanship, taste, future generations and beauty do!
    The less intermediaries, the less opportunities for thieves and liars to infect the thing.

This would be outstanding.
    They currently use the apprentice route for medicine in Switzerland.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post

It be pretty scary to have to go through a company like that because what if the job gets cut out? You have to redo your "education"?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast