starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fast progression a potential problem?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Searched through 20 pages of search results that had the word tear or pec. Got that I should have done the "starr method" if its the muscle belly. I called it a pec tear, but hoenstly I don't remember if he said pec or the tendon on the pec. Which is why I described the location.

I DID start by doing very lightweight benching for 2 weeks. Then I went to an Ortho and they said absolutely to stop benching and do nothing for 4 - 6 weeks. Who am I to question a doctor that also happens to agree with 99% of the literature that I ended up looking at. So thats what I did, till I started again 4 weeks later. I didn't know any better and was given bad advice apparently.

If you weren't so lazy and made your site popular enough, maybe I would have found it in time and done the starr method. But here we are. I've got scar tissue in my pec and I hear thats not the only thing wrong with me!

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    You have scar tissue. And it is the weak link in your chest. Like I have in my groin and my hamstring. Starr protocol will help next time you pull it but the scar tissue will always be in there waiting to fuck you up again.
    Well I sure hope I never actually tear it again, but this isn't a tear like last time. When I tore it I had a huge bruise/blood spot in my bicep area. Now it's just pain that is quickly getting better. Is that signs of a small re-tear? I'm not an ortho, PT or couch.

On my last question I was just asking for advice on whether to push through with full weight as long as it's not excruciating/numbing pain (what I assume would indicate tear) or go to light weights and progress back up till most of the pain subsides.

Quote Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
    I DID start by doing very lightweight benching for 2 weeks. Then I went to an Ortho and they said absolutely to stop benching and do nothing for 4 - 6 weeks. Who am I to question a doctor that also happens to agree with 99% of the literature that I ended up looking at.
    You're the guy with the permanent scar in his pec. Now, read the boards and stop typing.

Why do couches keep being referenced? Is there a secret Ethan Allen / Starting Strength partnership I'm unaware of?

I know some of the Starting Strength Coaches are big, but repeatedly calling them couches is bit insulting.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
    Who am I to question a doctor that also happens to agree with 99% of the literature that I ended up looking at.
    I'm pretty sure this thought never crossed Galileo's mind.

Guess what...docs and literature can be wrong.

"Who are [you] to question..." You are the guy with the torn whatever...not the doc. If I were you, I'd read a LOT more than 20 pages on this site. Like a LOT more. Just how much does your pec hurt? Enough to read more than 20 pages? Doesn't seem like it. I read far more than that every night.

Finally, if you are really serious, I'd sign up with Matt Reynolds in SSOC and take the beating they will surely give you on your lousy form like a man. You will probably be amazed at how bad your form is. I was embarrassed by mine. Matt had to de-load me a hundred pounds. 3 months later I'm back in PR territory. The man is a magician with the barbell. Scott, another coach, is pretty damn blunt and just the right guy for a hard head...I needed him too. I'd ask for Scott if he has an opening (doubtful).

Oh yea, don't even start on the, "I don't have enough time" BS.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234