starting strength gym

Thread: Bill Been: In Defense of Simplicity

Default Bill Been: In Defense of Simplicity

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Maybe it's because I'm old and lazy, or maybe it's just because I'm simple-minded, but I found the simplicity of SS to be a major selling point. There's also a logic to it: as a novice in any endeavor, you don't start off with the complicated stuff, you hammer the fundamentals.

So True Cmynhier! Simple was the big draw for me to look into Starting Strength. For me it was and still is so different than anything else that is out there. This is coming from a guy who has done everything and never had the ability or desire to stick to anything fitness related except for Marathon running and that just about ruined my body.

I would tell myself there is no way a couple of different compound lifts a couple times a week will make any difference. Then came some PR's, then came my own squat rack in the basement, I quit my local fitness gym and the journey continues. So simple yet at 46 I am able to lift more than I ever tried to at 26. Data, metadata and studies are great, if your into that but for me at my age I am into the study of me and my own journey of getting strong and SS has worked great so far. I have posted before that I did allot of running during chemo a few years back and it helped but man I wish I found SS back then. I think it would have helped much, much more placing myself on an LP at that time. Live and Learn.

Sparky

As a young buck it is so tempting to want to add to the program. It took some drilling but it finally stuck. You would think that getting results requires complexity, but it doesn't. Its worked wonders for my friends and myself. Just come to the gym and do 'yer fahves'. Enough typing. Time for my work set.

The simplicity and clarity were attractive and in fact, refreshing. But the support of this site, the experts, Videos, and answered questions give this program extraordinary value well beyond an effective program. Rip, Sully and many others go well beyond the call of duty on this site. I've gotten great guidance on everything from injury rehab to book recommendations.

Simplicity and clarity make this program reliable. The questions answered in these forums are a treasure. They have been for me.

starting strength coach development program
    Simple usually works best, but simple =/= easy.