starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Addutor tear causing bladder pain

Default Addutor tear causing bladder pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

I would like to know if anybody else ever got bladder pain after tearing their adductor. 6 physio and 3 doctors can't figure that one out. But the bladder pain is morphine level kind of pain.

I have been taking NSAID for 2 weeks and does not seam to help. Was considering a cortisone shot.

What do you guys think ?

You want a cortisone shot in your bladder? If you're going to spend money, I'd suggest an MRI and an actual diagnosis.

Sorry, the pain seams close to the bladder but the bladder is not the problem. The cortisone shot would be in my adductor.

Do not take a cortisone shot in a muscle belly. And learn to spell.

I've got nothing for you man. Perhaps some more information on the specifics of your pain. "Bladder pain" is wildly vague. Also, as Rip said, a corticosteroid shot in a muscle belly is a bad idea. If it is tendinous, cortisone or another CSI might help the pain temporarily, but, and it is a huge but, I have no ability to tie an adductor injury to bladder pain.

You went to 6 physios and 3 doctors and not one of them ordered an ultrasound of the area, at minimum, in order to ascertain the tear and it’s degree of severity?

Depending on the degree of the tear, it may require ortho consult and possible surgery. Don’t take the cortisone shot, there is a risk of tendon rupture if the tendon itself is injected.

You haven’t provided much information other than you are in pain.

It would help if you provided some specifics like how you acquired the injury, which side is affected, is the pain local or does it radiate elsewhere, is there any redness or swelling or discolouration of the area, what movements exacerbate this pain, what alleviates this pain, what movements you are having difficulty with etc…

Assuming you are able to move the affected extremity and since it has only been 2 weeks since the injury, priority #1 is to avoid activities that exacerbate the pain you are experiencing (this typically involves lunging type movements). Try to walk to the best of your ability and try to force a normal gait pattern. It’s ok to take shorter steps if your normal strides cause pain.

You can start your rehabilitation with working the adductor muscles by placing a basketball between your knees while sitting and squeeze your knees together.

Depending on the degree of your tear these can take some time to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by JHG View Post
    You can start your rehabilitation with working the adductor muscles by placing a basketball between your knees while sitting and squeeze your knees together.
    Absolutely not. He rehabs an adductor tear with squats, as we have discussed for 10 years.

Coach, you don't understand. Only his adductor is teared, therefore it must be rehabilated in isolation from other muscles of the lower body. AFAIK his quads, glutes, hamstrings etc are just fine, no need to involve them.

Quote Originally Posted by JHG View Post
    You went to 6 physios and 3 doctors and not one of them ordered an ultrasound of the area, at minimum, in order to ascertain the tear and it’s degree of severity?
    I'm unsure what specialty you are trained in or where you are from, but this is not uncommon.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Absolutely not. He rehabs an adductor tear with squats, as we have discussed for 10 years.
    I am not disputing the efficacy of squats as part of the rehabilitation regime. However, if he in fact does have an adductor tear he many not be able to perform squats due to pain. Thus, starting with isometric exercise and gradually progressing to squats is not unreasonable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast