starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Power Lift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    If you don't mind me asking, how did you program them for Chase? It obviously worked very well for his Press. Any alternating/ cycling type programming?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsongee View Post
    Suppose we could do sets of 5 with these after enough practice?
    You have my permission. Thanks for asking politely.

@MAD9692 -I used the rep scheme of 3x10 to begin with, and ive been adding 5 pounds everytime when i do LTE's for the past couple of years. Im now at the point to were I am doing 3x5 on the LTE's but this is about to be to much stress so im considering deloading back to a weight i know i can hit for 3x10s.

There are many stupid variations of the Ez-curl bar. At my previous gym I was doing these LTEs with EZcurl and had good results with them. However, I've moved since, and all the gyms I've been at have slightly different EZ-=curl bars. All these other EZcurl bars I've used lately bother my wrists a great deal. I'd like to buy my own EZ-Curl bars so I can start doing these again, but I'm not sure what spacing and angle of the grip makes it less stressful on the wrist. Is there an ideal spacing and angle for the grip that is easier on the wrist?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseLindley View Post
    @MAD9692 -I used the rep scheme of 3x10 to begin with, and ive been adding 5 pounds everytime when i do LTE's for the past couple of years. Im now at the point to were I am doing 3x5 on the LTE's but this is about to be to much stress so im considering deloading back to a weight i know i can hit for 3x10s.
    Thanks Chase. Do you do them once a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugaaz View Post
    There are many stupid variations of the Ez-curl bar. At my previous gym I was doing these LTEs with EZcurl and had good results with them. However, I've moved since, and all the gyms I've been at have slightly different EZ-=curl bars. All these other EZcurl bars I've used lately bother my wrists a great deal. I'd like to buy my own EZ-Curl bars so I can start doing these again, but I'm not sure what spacing and angle of the grip makes it less stressful on the wrist. Is there an ideal spacing and angle for the grip that is easier on the wrist?
    Get the owner of the old gym to measure it for you. He'll be glad you asked him.

How important is sleeve spin? I'm using a pretty crappy hex bolt ez curl bar and just stared doing these in my home gym. I'm wondering if a bushing one might be easier on the joints.

They need to spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    I was doing them once a week with either Press or Bench. I don't recall which now. What do you mean by rotate through a couple? A couple assistance in a week?
    A couple of different types of tricep extension exercises.

starting strength coach development program
    Rip:

I've seen quite a few people ask "why does this hurt" without videos. I can guess why, but regardless maybe this will help someone.

LTE form check - YouTube

I don't know if the LTE is the source of my injury or just a source of irritation at this point, but I've been instructed to avoid them atm. The acute injury is more likely to have been an incorrectly loaded barbell curl.

Symptoms are:
    *pain on the inside+middle of my forearm
    *Mild elbow discomfort
    *Pain if release my grip while supinated
    *Pain while resting forearm on tables
    *Slight tingle in pinky/ring finger while performing LTE

I've injured this elbow before. I had a weird bump that appeared and never went away. Really bad case of tendonitis/osis for 6m+ when starting SS. Sometimes feels like something is moving or clicking in that elbow. This happened while learning to squat.

I had been doing LTEs for a couple months prior with no issue. Switched to my home gym and bought an ez curl bar for tricep work and used a straight bar for curls. That's when the injury happened.

I think this resembles most of the pain issues with the LTE I've seen posted. I've seen some mention wrist pain, but my wrists generally feel ok. General advice seems to be "do something else", but I'd rather fix the issue and reintroduce them once I heal up if possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast