starting strength gym
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: "Special population" training

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    A few years ago I was lobbying on Capitol Hill (in Utah) for some tax reform. While walking through the Capitol, I was approached by the head of a well known conservative group to help them get an amendment on another bill that was in committee.

I said, "What's going on? How can I help?"

"They are debating SB### (whatever the number was, I don't remember now) in committee right now and if we don't amend it they will gut all our sodomy laws!"

I have to admit, this got my attention and I asked them to show me their amendment so I could read it. The further I read the wider my eyes got. When I finished, I turned to them and laughed, "The only way you will be able to enforce this is if you place cameras in everyone's bedrooms."

The head of the organization eagerly nodded and replied, "Yes, that's what we need or we will have homosexuals hanging off the walls of the Capitol every time we come up here."

I was so caught off guard, I literally didn't know what to say. (Today, I would have been far more blunt with them than I was back then.) The inexplicable fascination of some members of the Republican party with what goes on in the bedrooms of other people is an unbelievable waste of time and, frankly, mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Fearing a man that wants to suck your cock in the absence of a gun in his hand would make you a pussy. Fearing bizarre sexual deviants also makes you a pussy. Hating a man who wants to suck your cock makes you a silly bastard. And it's very hard to equate wanting to suck another man's cock with abject evil, what with the Tsarnaev Bros leading by such clear example.
    Well, you are certainly entitled to all those opinions.
    My point would simply be that fear and hatred are also valid emotions and opinions.
    ...and the Tsarnaev brothers actually took their feeling to a different level, actually bombing people, which I never even hypothetically advocated.

The word "fear" has many connotations. It is not necessarily "trembling fear that he is going to harm you", but can also include "the fear that certain people are corrupting the moral fabric of society". Is that not a valid fear ?

For example, referring back to the Bill Nye Science Guy "Science of Sexuality" video. If you had a pre-pubescent son or daughter, would it be valid to "fear" that our society is now filled with people actually advocate "trying a little sucking...you know...just to see if you like it" under the guise of "science", or maybe a little group orgy, because 'why limit it to one " How do your kids know they won't enjoy a little "butt stuff" unless they try ? It's SCIENCE, DAMMITT!

Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    But fat video-game dorks? What the fuck? No. Unnatural. Just a divine fuck-up.
    Goddamn fat shamer!

Who are you to judge?

Isn't that Rule #1 of progressives?

Eric McCormick did a whole PSA for TV on the subject.

So it must be Holy Writ.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    And God's probably looking down thinking "alright, gay motherfuckers, you sorta worked out". But fat video-game dorks? What the fuck? No. Unnatural. Just a divine fuck-up.
    I like this post. It speaks to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crom View Post
    The word "fear" has many connotations. It is not necessarily "trembling fear that he is going to harm you", but can also include "the fear that certain people are corrupting the moral fabric of society". Is that not a valid fear ?
    How does one corrupt the moral fabric of society by wanting to suck another man's cock?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How does one corrupt the moral fabric of society by wanting to suck another man's cock?
    Have you seen / been to / googled 'Gay Pride Parade'?

The typical social contracts / rules about public decency don't apply to these events and are forced upon the areas these 'celebrations' go.

While this is not homosexuality directly, it is associated with the culture.

While it is true that grown men walking down the street in diapers with dildos hanging from their necks and cum running from their assholes are abnormal, psychopathological, and revolting, they do not make me afraid, and I do not hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawn View Post
    Have you seen / been to / googled 'Gay Pride Parade'?

The typical social contracts / rules about public decency don't apply to these events and are forced upon the areas these 'celebrations' go.

While this is not homosexuality directly, it is associated with the culture.
    There was another kind of parade at University of Virginia today that I find far, far more obscene and revolting than the cheap and harmless camp, cheesy atmosphere, comical simpering, and catastrophically overwrought aesthetics of a gay-pride parade.

Nah, I don't fear or hate gays, even the most obnoxiously pink and flaeming ones. They just wanna have fun and Get It On like everybody else. Peoples is peoples. As long as they stop at stop signs and love dey momma, what do I care?

But those guys in Virginia? They scare me. And yeah....I HATE them.

Funny what pushes different peoples' buttons, huh?

Is it possible to not hate THEM, but hate what they are doing, and hate its effect on society ?
    Why is disapproval automatically straw-manned into personal hatred?

Admittedly, I am just trying to push buttons to explore the concepts.
    Do we "hate" thieves ? Or "hate" illegal aliens ?

How do you really know that you would like a little "butt stuff" in an orgy, unless you have tried it ? Are you an "buttstuffophobe?"
    Isn't it just an "undocumented vagina"?

starting strength coach development program
    Who says behaviour you disagree with is abhorrent, evil, or wrong in any way?
    Judge not, lest something something?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast