starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cancer Mortality, Men vs. Women

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Yikes. I did explain to my buddy that prostate cancer can be a very slow moving cancer, and that as such, many men die with prostate cancer, and not from it.
    He likened the biopsy to having a mousetrap shoved up his butt, with a spring loaded snap that takes the sample. And that the orchiectomy caused him to swell up like a grapefruit. Initially he was dead set against it, but the docs talked him into it, due to it being described as a very aggressive variety.

Obviously large amounts of research and common sense are needed in situations like these.

As a screening, its not recommended as written in the article.

For n=1, take into account your personal risk (= look at your relatives and other risk factors) and then decide.

Also explain to him that an encapsulated cancer may be no longer encapsulated if 12 biopsy holes are punched through the encapsulating membrane.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Also explain to him that an encapsulated cancer may be no longer encapsulated if 12 biopsy holes are punched through the encapsulating membrane.
    Thank for your views on this, Rip.
    Clearly, and as has been demonstrated here numerous times, the some of the medical community are operating under dubious, very weak, and sometimes erroneous premises, and poor scientific practice, that are not ultimately beneficial to those under their care.
    I retract my comment on testosterone, and the PSA test.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Obviously. Right now, doctors are afraid to prescribe anabolic steroids in situations where they are definitely indicated because they don't want the DEA in the office. One more problem with The Government.
    It appears to be 100 times worse a situation in the UK due to lousy, lazy NHS GP doctors.

Thankfully I have insurance, and I'm going to push the issue tomorrow when I begin my SIRT treatment.

I am least glad to say my weight has stabilised at 60kg now for several months. The negative taste effects of the oxalplatin are now slowly wearing off and this week I have been engaging in some serious chicken genocide thanks to Asian food courts/buffets, and am going back today.

Hopefully this will drive my weight up. The question is will I gain any LBM/strength back with the weight gain. I still can't do a full push-up.

I wish I could find more info on cancer treatment with anabolics. For instance if blood work were to show T levels in a normal to decent range for a male cancer patient in his mid 30's, how should he proceed if he still can't gain LBM/strength back.

All these anabolics made legally by reputed pharmaceutical companies, where and how are they getting prescribed?
    Should I just self-medicate if it's the only way?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123