starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darin Deaton: Barbells in the Clinic

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Thanks for all the feedback, all interesting and useful. I haven't actually seen my friend in decades and all the descriptions I have of his symptoms are from his emails so, yeah, not terribly precise or detailed. The responses here have given me thoughts on what questions I should ask him, though. Once again showing what a valuable resource this board is.

Anyone have a clue what the 'bar-fusions' are he's talking about?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekah Cygan View Post
    JHG

That is not MS. This type of myelin degeneration is localized and not systemic- it is due to mechanical stress. We can tell this because it is a predicable nerve pattern. MS presents differently.

I am with Rip- if he is experiencing nerve pain constantly- I would consider finding a good surgeon. If the nerve is impinged when it is unloaded...it is pretty impinged...and hell to live with I am sure. Loading the nerve more with training stress may not resolve it very quickly.

In David's case- the press is obviously helping to resolve his issues- and bench pain is only temporary. If my arms were burning all the time- I would look to a surgical intervention.
    I am pretty much in pain constantly. Pressing just makes it feel better--but it never goes away. It sucks, but what am I going to do? Not lift? Its a bummer, but many on this board train with issues. It's just life.

Quote Originally Posted by RJPinAZ View Post
    Anyone have a clue what the 'bar-fusions' are he's talking about?
    Likely osteochondral bars = bone spurs, which cause narrowing of the spinal canal resulting in nerve compression.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    A complete waste of 8 weeks.
    I have no doubt of that.

-RJP

Having met Darin in person, and seeing the same enthusiasm and commitment in this video, I think people get better just being around him.

starting strength coach development program
    Desperately need more of this. Maybe consider franchises? IDK, just spitballing. The need is staggering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12