starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Death by Protein Shakes

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnStrangeway View Post
    It was totally protein! Says so in the report. >.<
    As if you haven't heard of protein injections, which can be a fatal game!

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    Congress should initiate hearings to study this scourge. How many people know that protein is also present in some foods?
    This is an excellent point! If more people knew this, America's Protein Death Epidemic could be more effectively fought -- with laws.

This is exactly what happens when you eat bulking protein. If you care about our health, you should only be eating functional protein.

Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    This is exactly what happens when you eat bulking protein. If you care about our health, you should only be eating functional protein.
    You mean a Cardio protein? A dietary(eat as much as you want, and you steal loose fat) protein?

Have you seen how much protein there is in meat?? A whopping 108g in a 16oz Ribeye steak! This "meat" product needs to be more regulated to prevent people killing themselves!

As someone who has a held a long (and very personal) grudge against the media, I would like to ask...

How long do we scream into the tempest and beat our chests before we finally resign ourselves to being our strongest, of mind and body, in preparation for the day when we must physically repel this intellectual hysteria and ideological tyranny? Let the ship run ashore, let its rotten timbers crack and shatter upon the torn rocky coast, and let those who can swim to shore to build a new ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is an excellent point! If more people knew this, America's Protein Death Epidemic could be more effectively fought -- with laws.
    I was just talking to an Uber driver whose yoga instructor's sister learned that we're not getting the full story. The Medical Examiner's office actually determined that it wasn't the protein supplement in her shakes that killed her...it was the ice cream. Powerful dairy corporations are conspiring to keep this information from the proles.

This is much more serious than we think.

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    Congress should initiate hearings to study this scourge. How many people know that protein is also present in some foods?
    Protein is the main substance in bacteria like MRSA. Eating a protein a shake is essentially a MRSA shake.

I find that when the media reports on something I know about (guns or computers for instance) they're full of crap to the hairline, so I just assume that when they report on something I don't know anything about they're likewise full of crap.

For example, the Y2K "bug", where for decades we used six-digit dates in computers, with only the last two digits of the year, but once we hit the year 2000 that became an issue. According to the media it was all overblown. Truth is a LOT of people worked VERY hard to make it a non-issue (I was one of them),had nothing been done to correct it, it wouldn't have been pretty. Either that or the media insisted we were "short sighted" for using shortened dates, but back when everything had to fit on 80 character punch cards you saved when and where you could.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Pang View Post
    "The recommended intake for a healthy adult is 46 grams of protein a day for women and 56 grams for men." Imagine the reaction I get when I tell someone that isn't familiar with SS and reads bullshit like this to take 3-5x that amount.
    B-b-but my friend's wife who's a dietitian says you can only absorb 20 g of protein at a time!!! 26-36 of those recommended grams would just pass in the stool!!! How could someone even be able to OD?!?!

I wish there'd be more in-fighting between the too-much-protein-is-toxic and the you-can-only-absorb-x-grams-protein crowds so they wouldn't have time to bother the rest of us. Anytime I hear that shit I just nod my head, wait for them to leave, and forward them Jordan's article:

7 Rules to Optimize Protein Intake | Barbell Medicine

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast