starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Death by Protein Shakes

Default Death by Protein Shakes

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    No mention of her rare genetic disorder in the headline of course.

Body builder Meegan Hefford s death blamed on protein shakes - Yahoo7

These pieces of media shit will say and do anything that advances the narrative.

Her Buchenwaldian body composition and the methods she used to get there (I'm sure they were entirely healthy and balanced) were undoubtedly in no way contributory. Nope. Nossirree Bob.

And the genetic derangement of her urea cycle, a key factor in protein metabolism? Oh, that's just something we'll mention in passing.

It was all dem Ee-vile protein shakes. Oughta be a law. Or at least a lawyer. Anybody smell steamed torts here? I love 'em with a cheesy jury, some spicy "experts," and a sweet tomato-misinformation salsa.

This has reached the sunny shores of Singapore. How much protein do we need? - Channel NewsAsia

I hate the news. They seem to be all about generating fear in my uneducated opinion. I grew up watching BBC news, as a kid it seemed fair and legit. Was it? dunno. Is it still? dunno. I remember my first exposure to the news here when I moved. It was Fox 4, and went along the lines of "Something in your home may be killing you. Find out after the break" and I was like, WTF? after the break? that is when I opened up to the sad fact news is not "news", it is not there to benefit us like a public service. Public service in disguise?

People die. Why is a sad story about an athlete dying not as good as a fear story about how evil protein is (rhetorical) lol

Do they just seek to pick on the groups who deviate from the "norm"? how dare we do what we do lol "..oh those silly weightlifters!"

Which brings me to;

What is the number one cause of death?

Birth

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    Her Buchenwaldian body composition and the methods she used to get there (I'm sure they were entirely healthy and balanced) were undoubtedly in no way contributory. Nope. Nossirree Bob.

And the genetic derangement of her urea cycle, a key factor in protein metabolism? Oh, that's just something we'll mention in passing.

It was all dem Ee-vile protein shakes. Oughta be a law. Or at least a lawyer. Anybody smell steamed torts here? I love 'em with a cheesy jury, some spicy "experts," and a sweet tomato-misinformation salsa.
    It was totally protein! Says so in the report. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by mephisto View Post
    This has reached the sunny shores of Singapore. How much protein do we need? - Channel NewsAsia
    Yup, this shit has reach Singapore, unfortunately.

"The recommended intake for a healthy adult is 46 grams of protein a day for women and 56 grams for men." Imagine the reaction I get when I tell someone that isn't familiar with SS and reads bullshit like this to take 3-5x that amount.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnStrangeway View Post
    I remember my first exposure to the news here when I moved. It was Fox 4, and went along the lines of "Something in your home may be killing you. Find out after the break" and I was like, WTF? after the break? that is when I opened up to the sad fact news is not "news", it is not there to benefit us like a public service.
    The news is not a public service, it is a business. You are not the customer of this business, the advertisers who advertise during the news show are. The "after the break" thing is just to keep you hanging on through the ad so that you view the ad.

This ridiculous shit is on Drudge. The media is powerful outside their authority, which has been granted to them by people too stupid to think for themselves.

Congress should initiate hearings to study this scourge. How many people know that protein is also present in some foods?

starting strength coach development program
    You just don't get it.

YOU WILL ALL DIE BECAUSE OF PROTEIN!

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonews
    Doctors say a balanced diet is all you need.
    There you have it.
    DOCTORS SAY IT, so it is truth and fact.
    I'm gonna balance my diet from now on. I don't want to die young (I'm too old for that anywqay).

Wait, what exactly is a "balanced" diet?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast