starting strength gym

Thread: Two Questions: Overtraining and ART in Dallas,TX

Default Two Questions: Overtraining and ART in Dallas,TX

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Ripp. First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time out to answer questions on this forum. I've found the information here on the forum as a useful supplement to SS/PP. I have two questions for you:

1) I believe I am "overtrained". The past 6-9 months have been crap for me, I've been losing substantial strength on essentially every lift and have been accumulating injuries from having a sore back, aching hip and thigh muscles to pain in my thumb joints. Unfortunately during this period of time I was too hard headed to actually take a real break (besides a 1 week lay-off) and give myself an opportunity to recover despite what PP has taught me regarding overtraining.

In any case, by your definition in PP, I believe I am at the intermediate/advanced trainee stage. From what your book says, I will be unable to recover with anything less than two weeks. What would be a safe amount of time to take a break to recover and would you suggest that I STOP lifting during this time frame or back off with lighter lifts?

2) I will be moving to Dallas this coming summer. What do you think of ART? Do you know any practitioners in Dallas that you'd be comfortable recommending to me?

1. If I were you, I'd take a 2 week vacation to a place where you CANNOT train. This should simplify the process.

2. I don't know any ART guys in Dallas, sorry. If you find one, let me know, as it's a short drive for me and I need one too.

what's an ART?

Thanks for the quick response Coach. I was hoping you weren't going to say that...but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

Regarding ART, I'll let you know if I find someone if you're willing to trust my recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    2. I don't know any ART guys in Dallas, sorry. If you find one, let me know, as it's a short drive for me and I need one too.
    This website provides a locator for providers of various related stuff. Some of the listees do ART in Dallas and Plano and other exotic locales. (I don't know where Plano is, but they can probably tell you in Dallas.)

http://www.activerelease.com/provide...=wichita+falls

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by tscw1 View Post
    what's an ART?
    Active Release Technique.