starting strength gym

Thread: Novice Schedule without weekend break

Default Novice Schedule without weekend break

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mark,

Now that I'm moving out of the globo gym to my garage I wondering if I can get good results faster by not taking the extra day between workouts at the end of each week. I've been lifting M,W,F then off Saturday and Sunday. I've kept this schedule since 8/6 except for the cert at Longwood, and I've maintained linear progression.

Would it be counterproductive to maintain the every other day schedule without the extra off day on the weekend? That is M,W,F,S,T,T,S,M,W,F...

Thanks in advance and again for sharing what you know. Through SS I've really been about to make significant changes to my health.

Greg

Yes, you can eliminate the extra rest day, if you can tolerate it. You know soon enough. It's there as kind of a catch-up to recovery day, but if you're constituted so that you don't need it, run on ahead.

Glad we could help in FL. Thanks for being there.

I recently tried doing this & found that after 5-6 workouts (10-12 days) I really needed the extra day break. Now I've just moved back to MWF & am still seeing perfectly acceptable progress

I might share my experiences since I have done SS on an every other day schedule. It can be done, but things add upp quickly and in my case I think it caused a bit of an early stall. Go ahead though... eat, sleep and recover well and be wiser than me and go back to 3x/week when things are getting heavy. And ditch the dips, curls and triceps extensions if you are doing them.