starting strength gym

Thread: Starting Strength and bowling.

Default Starting Strength and bowling.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I am a mediocre bowler who very much enjoys the sport (or game if you will). I am looking to improve my "fastball" as much as I possibly can. My best throw is only about 25 MPH with a 16 lb bowling ball. I have the bowling mechanics down pretty well, but I think my overall strength is what needs to be improved. This is based on the radar guns which are installed at some bowling alleys. Will this program help me add MPH to my fastest bowling ball speed? I am a 22 year old 5'10" 190 lb male who only has limited weight training experience.

In case you were wondering, throwing a bowling ball "super fast" actually has uses. On splits, you have a better chance of bouncing the pins out of the back area. (think of the 7-10 split, you need to really slam the pin you hit to convert this split). I also have a secondary goal of hitting a pin so hard that it bounces out of the back and slides up the lane to my feet.

Will Starting Strength make me hurl a bowling ball faster than ever?

All other things being equal, the stronger bowler is the better bowler. But what happens when you actually break the pins? Shatter your ball? Smash through the little rake-the-pins-in thingee?