Quote Originally Posted by Culican View Post
I have had these exact same symptoms twice when losing too much weight. As soon as I gained a little weight (fat) back it went away. I first thought I had messed up something in my back. But after I had it happen twice and had it go away twice when I gained a little weight, I figured it must be from the pressure of my clothing (at the belt line) on a nerve which was left unprotected by the lack of fat.

At the time I did not use a belt for squats and deadlifts. Now weighing 189lb instead of 172lb (at 5'10") I do use a belt (coincidently an Inzer) and do not have the problem.
I had the opposite experience. Mine got worse with weight gain. I would imagine, though, there is a lot of anatomical variation in how the nerve exits in relation to the inguinal ligament causing meralgia parasthetica. I didn't look so I don't know, or care, if I got it right. I can't say, and consequently, spell anything remotely related to the word anesthesia. Must be my Texan accent. At least, that's the excuse I'm using.