starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MyFitnessPal Premium

Default MyFitnessPal Premium

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Any one paying for the premium version of myfitnesspal now that it offers the option to track macro-nutrients in grams as opposed to percentages?

Jordan,
    They must have read your questionnaire. Are you working on macro-nutrient calculator and if so any idea of a release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Henderson View Post
    Any one paying for the premium version of myfitnesspal now that it offers the option to track macro-nutrients in grams as opposed to percentages?

Jordan,
    They must have read your questionnaire. Are you working on macro-nutrient calculator and if so any idea of a release date?
    I haven't bought the premium version- maybe someone here has?

The macro app is being worked on as we speak, though admittedly I am not the developer (thankfully, lol).

I bought it and have used it for the past few months. It works ad advertised, though either the iPad app is getting bloated or my old iPad 2 isn't quite up to the task any more. It's slow sometimes and frustrating.

Do you want to know something specifically?

I use livestrong myplate. It already spits out the macros in grams, I like the layout a lot better than MFP too. And its free! Highly recommend.

I am currently using the premium version. It is annoying to pay for the privilege of tracking grams vs percentages but I only intend on doing so while cutting.

Yes it works fine.

Do you have any questions beyond that?

I've been using MFP Free for over a year and just noticed the premium feature. My only question is whether you think it's worth the money, considering it works pretty well just watching the total...

There is a script you can use to set your macros in grams. I don't know if I can post the link, but simple Googling should show it.

You can already use grams instead of percentages using the free version. The only caveat is that the ratios must be changed on the myfitnesspal website rather than the app, but the change is account wide so your app will show the new updated values. It's a very small inconvenience to avoid the overpriced premium version.

Just get the 'MyFitnessPal Macro Settings by FOODFASTFIT' extension on chrome. You can also set different macros for different days of the week and stuff, so it fixes the two biggest problems I had with myfitnesspal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I haven't bought the premium version- maybe someone here has?

The macro app is being worked on as we speak, though admittedly I am not the developer (thankfully, lol).
    I haven't purchased the premium version but the version I have does track macros. Maybe I'm missing something.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JB47 View Post
    You can already use grams instead of percentages using the free version. The only caveat is that the ratios must be changed on the myfitnesspal website rather than the app, but the change is account wide so your app will show the new updated values. It's a very small inconvenience to avoid the overpriced premium version.

Just get the 'MyFitnessPal Macro Settings by FOODFASTFIT' extension on chrome. You can also set different macros for different days of the week and stuff, so it fixes the two biggest problems I had with myfitnesspal.
    This ^ is golden, I am embarrassed that I was unaware of this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast