starting strength gym

Thread: Yohimbine - Additional Questions

Default Yohimbine - Additional Questions

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Jordan,

I used that handy search feature to review your comments on other yohimbine related threads and had a follow-up question.

As a ~235 lb guy following the 0.2 mg/kg dosage I have been taking 21g yohimbine in a single dose daily. I've seen you comment about splitting the dose to two times / day. Is there some benefit to this involving total time with it active in your system or is the split dosage meant to make the stim effect more tolerable?

I ask because I'm very stim resistant (i.e. 21g yohimbine + 20 oz coffee + PWO doesn't bother me in the slightest when heading to the gym). Along those lines is there any additional benefit for taking two "full" doses daily for those who tolerate the stimulant effect?

Thanks as always for your knowledges.

I'm guessing you're taking 21mg of Yohimbine per day or the yohimbine you're taking is a dud, bc that amount should put some pep in your step, certainly. I like to break it up into multiple doses because that's what has been used in most of the literature, e.g. 20mg split up into 2 doses.

Bunk yohimbine, what brand is it? You are taking it fasted right?

Current brand is NutraKey - previously had PrimaForce before local supp shop changed their stock. Not taking it in a fasted state, though Jordan has previously commented that this "requirement" is broscience. Typically don't notice much additional pep from either brand with the Yohimbine alone; taken with ~400mg caffeine from PWO a bit of buzz but nothing too heavy. Not terribly worried about the perception of stimulant effect though as I'm sure it's still doing it's job. I'll look to split the dose in two to be in keeping with literature.

/forum/nutrition/56547-yohimbine-hcl-timing.html - for reference on that comment

Yea I'd be wondering about the potency of the new brand, Mike.