Default How Much More?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey guys,

Since this is a Nutrition question - I'll start there:
    I'm 5'10 156lbs and I'm eating around 4,000 calories a day. b/t 15 & 16% BF
    Macros - 450c/250p/133f

Started from scratch after a 3 month layoff due to a labrum tear (17 weeks post op)

Squat: 235 3x5, Bench: 155 3x5, PwrCln: 100 5x3, Press: 100 3x5, Dead: 215 1x4 (Stalled on Dead twice for this weight.)
    Sleeping around 6-7 hours a night.

Really haven't moved the scale much in 8 weeks. Maybe about 6lbs. Is this normal? Or at my age is that really it? Or should I just back a garbage truck up to my mouth and start cramming?

How old are you? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you don't hit those macros accurately on a daily basis, but the management plan would be the same regardless, add more carbs and fat.

Im 39

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    How old are you? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you don't hit those macros accurately on a daily basis, but the management plan would be the same regardless, add more carbs and fat.
    Yeah, I call bullshit. Simplest solution, add a gallon of milk* to what you are eating. Betcha the scale starts moving...

* of course we don't know age yada yada, but this seems like the easiest way to guarantee added calories in a very track able way

Quote Originally Posted by s_the_riot View Post
    Im 39
    Yea. I stick by my statement then. Either the tracking is inaccurate or the macros need to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by s_the_riot View Post
    Hey guys,

Since this is a Nutrition question - I'll start there:
    I'm 5'10 156lbs and I'm eating around 4,000 calories a day. b/t 15 & 16% BF
    Macros - 450c/250p/133f

Started from scratch after a 3 month layoff due to a labrum tear (17 weeks post op)

Squat: 235 3x5, Bench: 155 3x5, PwrCln: 100 5x3, Press: 100 3x5, Dead: 215 1x4 (Stalled on Dead twice for this weight.)
    Sleeping around 6-7 hours a night.

Really haven't moved the scale much in 8 weeks. Maybe about 6lbs. Is this normal? Or at my age is that really it? Or should I just back a garbage truck up to my mouth and start cramming?
    Do you do anything else notable physically? Like bike to work, or have a physically demanding job?

Default The Scale is Moving!

starting strength coach development program
    I'm on my feet most of the day, average about 15,000 steps. I also have a 2yo son. There's only two times a week where I really get to sit still, and those are on my rest days at the time I'm normally working out. But, I've been double checking my macros in MyFitnessPal & this week it's been: 459g c / 245g p / 132g f = 4004 cals. I've also gained 2lbs. since Monday & I'm now at 159.8. Next week, I have planned out already at 456g c / 244g p / 134g f = 4006 I believe. Once that pace stalls, I'll add a 4th 16oz glass of whole milk in the day. So the scale is moving! Now I have to work on the lifts and recovery:

s_the_riot / Starting Strength / Training Log