starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wait a minute, are the BCAA's in my Whey not enough?

Default Wait a minute, are the BCAA's in my Whey not enough?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Jordan,

When I first heard about the importance of BCAA's I looked at the back of my trusty Walmart Special Whey supplement and saw that each scoop had greater than 1g of each, and came to the conclusion that my scoop of Whey 30 min before workout had this important asset for my training covered...

Today I've come across several of your posts emphasizing BCAA supplementation, several of them were lists of most significant supplements that had Whey and BCAAs listed separately.

So was I wrong in concluding that my Whey makes additional supplementation unnecessary? I usually take multiple servings a day including the pre-workout serving.

The BCAAs in supplemental form have different kinetics in the body and allow for some "cool" things to happen compared to the BCAAs in your whey, chicken, beef, or other protein source. There are probably 100 posts in this subforum addressing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    The BCAAs in supplemental form have different kinetics in the body and allow for some "cool" things to happen compared to the BCAAs in your whey, chicken, beef, or other protein source. There are probably 100 posts in this subforum addressing this.
    Thanks for the response, I got concerned while looking up other info, and then after writing my post, I came across the main "Supplement - What, When, Why and How" topic, sorry for not having found it before hitting the "create new topic" button.

I've got half a mind to write a FAQ...

I used the SS forum search function . . .34 posts come up under 'BCAA' . . . 95% are in the Nutrition/Jordan's sub-forum . . .

85% have to do with the same 3 or 4 BCAA topics: timing, dosage, and the "my Whey has BCAA's what gives?"

I'm still reading, this post came up about in the middle 2/3's of of this list

Quote Originally Posted by Serack View Post
    Thanks for the response, I got concerned while looking up other info, and then after writing my post, I came across the main "Supplement - What, When, Why and How" topic, sorry for not having found it before hitting the "create new topic" button.
    No worries. Glad you found it.

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    I used the SS forum search function . . .34 posts come up under 'BCAA' . . . 95% are in the Nutrition/Jordan's sub-forum . . .

85% have to do with the same 3 or 4 BCAA topics: timing, dosage, and the "my Whey has BCAA's what gives?"

I'm still reading, this post came up about in the middle 2/3's of of this list
    Care to link it? Couldnīt find it yet.

So I understand BCAA's between meals. It takes a certain amount of food to spike MPS and it's all or none. So.. if I'm just having a little snack can I take bcaas with it? I'm trying to gain weight and eating lots so I find myself wanting a little something when it's time to take BCAA. I avoid bcaas with actual meals though.

Thanks.

Just eat bigger meals instead of snacking.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JukkaM View Post
    Care to link it? Couldnīt find it yet.
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...archid=1950250

try clicking on this . . . not sure if link will work, as I don't know much about message boards, forum stuff, links, etc . . . but I can see the search-text-bar thingy with the looking-glass-icon-doo-hickey in the top right corner of the SS web page(s).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast