Quote Originally Posted by jamiet View Post
Ok basically I'm still a novice then that needs to gain at least another 13lbs. Could you take a look at my diet to see if I'm far off the mark, a typical day looks like this.

7:00 -7:30 4 eggs, 1 scoop of whey mixed with 1 pint whole milk and oats (75g cho)

11:00 - 11:30 8oz chicken breast , rice/ potatoes (75g cho) , frozen mixed veg unmeasured, 1 pint of milk

15:00 same as above

18:30 - 19:00 whatever the the in laws make for tea usually supplement with a scoop or two of whey if the proteins not sufficient

22:00 -22:30 2 scoops of whey with water.

I'm guessing there's not enough carbs and fat in there in there.
Add carbs and fat to the last 2 meals and mix your whey with milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Butland View Post
BUT...you can correct this nutritional deficit...and then you'll experience the wonders of LP.
Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larousse View Post
Just to clear something up....he will be able to resume linear if he will eat to gain weight correct? If not or even if so is it absolutely critical that a lifter go through the entire linear phase before moving to intermediate? I ask because i hear different things on this site vs PPST3 where it says in fact that a situational intermediate can occur.
Yes if he eats more he will be able to have a successful LP most likely. And yes, in order to avoid toiling around in the abyss that is "intermediate" programming, finishing a novice LP is important.

Quote Originally Posted by troxm25 View Post
If an athlete needs to gain twenty pounds, at a minimum they must gain ten pouunds in 6-months to meet the nutritional requirements of a true novice LP? Assuming a 3-month LP. Thanks.
The probably need to gain more up front, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Knowland View Post
The book says 3-9 months for LP depending on age, sex, genetics, motivation, etc. Would you say about 4 months is pretty typical? In my experience with 15-17 yr old males, reluctance to eat enough makes them artificial intermediates after 3-4 months.
Yes, 3-4 months is pretty typical for pure LP.

Quote Originally Posted by millsy View Post
Hypothetical (and quite possibly stupid) question here, but in the grand scheme of things, if absolute strength was his aim;

Would this guy be better stopping now, reducing calories, allowing himself to completely de-train then running an LP properly in a few months, or struggling on with proper nutrition but more complex programming and slower gains?
Nah. For max strength in 1 year, he should eat more and reset LP now.