• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by tfranc View Post
    For reals?
    Would you buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Would you buy it?
    Only if I could eventually look forward to a deviated septum.

Would you buy it?
    The thought of snorting something kinda freaks me out if I'm being honest lol. I know a few guys that probably would, though.

Is it true that creatine should be taken with carbs such as grape juice for better absorption?

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Is it true that creatine should be taken with carbs such as grape juice for better absorption?
    In the short term (hours) ? Yea. But over a day (and weeks, etc.) it doesn't matter at all.

Not sure if this has been studied but I've noticed a positive correlation in creatine supplementation and acne breakouts in myself. Without fail, it happens everytime and then a few weeks to a month after I stop supplementing creatine, my skin clears up again.

Again, not saying this is true or even cause-and-effect but more of an observational correlation that I've noticed over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by MattimusMaximus View Post
    Not sure if this has been studied but I've noticed a positive correlation in creatine supplementation and acne breakouts in myself. Without fail, it happens everytime and then a few weeks to a month after I stop supplementing creatine, my skin clears up again.

Again, not saying this is true or even cause-and-effect but more of an observational correlation that I've noticed over the years.
    There's some data linking it to increasing DHT levels, so it wouldn't surprise me.

There's some data linking it to increasing DHT levels, so it wouldn't surprise me.
    interesting! I'm 48 and have have been having regular pimple breakouts - i thought i wasn't showering soon enough after training.

I get my VO2 max checked twice a year at work. When I started taking creatine my VO2 dropped about 4 points. It was like this for about 2 years. I stopped taking creatine (no real reason, I just ran out and didn't buy anymore) and my VO2 went back up. The physiologist said that creatine can cause your blood pressure to go up slightly as well as resting heart rate which will affect VO2 max.

Have you noticed anything like this? Looking back through my records it showed my BP and RHR were a little elevated during the time I was on creatine.

starting strength coach development program
    Jordan, what is your latest recommendation for dosage /day?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast