starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Creatine - common side effects

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The Creatine in the USA sure sounds better than the stuff round here, you guys sure you're not mixing up your supplies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other side effects of creatine include M.F.G (Mad Fuckin Gainzzz), swolyerness, a more vascular dong and chest hair like a used brillo pad

Quote Originally Posted by quad View Post
    exclude that creatine could indirectly accelerate MPB in predisposed individuals
    For what it's worth I've ingested nearly two solid kilograms of creatine and will soon open a third 1-kg bag. About two and a half years of taking it on blind faith in the Feiganbaum. All the men in my family went bald in their early twenties, my brothers and I are in our thirties and my one brother is just starting to thin out. I kinda think any effect of creatine would be negligible (and also unable to be reliably measured) compared to the unmerciful caprice of genetics.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    interesting! I'm 48 and have have been having regular pimple breakouts - i thought i wasn't showering soon enough after training.
    It's probably not the creatine. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by sniperfrog View Post
    I get my VO2 max checked twice a year at work. When I started taking creatine my VO2 dropped about 4 points. It was like this for about 2 years. I stopped taking creatine (no real reason, I just ran out and didn't buy anymore) and my VO2 went back up. The physiologist said that creatine can cause your blood pressure to go up slightly as well as resting heart rate which will affect VO2 max.

Have you noticed anything like this? Looking back through my records it showed my BP and RHR were a little elevated during the time I was on creatine.
    VO2max doesn't mean anything in that context. Take creatine. It doesn't increase BP or RHR- quite the opposite in fact for BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bryant View Post
    Jordan, what is your latest recommendation for dosage /day?
    5g/day

Quote Originally Posted by ithryn View Post
    For what it's worth I've ingested nearly two solid kilograms of creatine and will soon open a third 1-kg bag. About two and a half years of taking it on blind faith in the Feiganbaum. All the men in my family went bald in their early twenties, my brothers and I are in our thirties and my one brother is just starting to thin out. I kinda think any effect of creatine would be negligible (and also unable to be reliably measured) compared to the unmerciful caprice of genetics.

I agree.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234