starting strength gym

Thread: Recovering from surgery.

Default Recovering from surgery.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Jordan hope you're doing well.

I'm writing you to get your input or direction if possible. I've recently came back from ligament transfer surgery in my wrist, which took me out for a couple of months from doing a lot of lifting. My diet isn't anything set in stone really, but for the most part I try to hit 200p 300c and 100f with around 20-30fiber. I'm currently at 195 at 5'7. Gained significant fluff in the stomach area from not being able to lift from recovery. I've been thinking of lowering my fat levels while keeping my carbs at 300-350 or lowering my carbs while keeping my fat at 100. My goal is to maintain this current weight to compete at 198, but would like to rid myself of some of the extra fluff if possible. Currently running the novice program with no cardio and limited accessory work after my core lifts.

I would recommend not varying carb intake from 300-350 on a regular basis because this is significantly different and may confound your results. I'd up your fiber to 35g minimum per day and cut fat to 80g/day and see what happens. Hope recovery is going well!

Thanks, I'll give the fiber and carbs suggestions a try. Do you think that I am getting enough protein at 200g a day? Btw I am a banker so I don't have a very physically demanding job or anything so I don't burn a significant amount of calories throughout the day compared to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Anderson View Post
    Thanks, I'll give the fiber and carbs suggestions a try. Do you think that I am getting enough protein at 200g a day? Btw I am a banker so I don't have a very physically demanding job or anything so I don't burn a significant amount of calories throughout the day compared to others.
    200g of protein a day is enough protein for nearly 100% of the population for optimal muscle protein synthesis. Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    200g of protein a day is enough protein for nearly 100% of the population for optimal muscle protein synthesis. Almost.
    Things that make you go hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by crookedfinger View Post
    Things that make you go hmmmm....
    ??

??
    Sorry, just curious about the 200 grams of protein being sufficient for nearly 100% of the population...Almost.

I assume the "almost" group are generally very large muscular males 270 pounds plus? Or are there other factors?

Add BCAAs even with 200g high quality protein?

C+C music factory reference. The same group who did "Gonna make you sweat (everybody dance now)".

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by crookedfinger View Post
    Sorry, just curious about the 200 grams of protein being sufficient for nearly 100% of the population...Almost.

I assume the "almost" group are generally very large muscular males 270 pounds plus? Or are there other factors?
    Very large or very vegan, perhaps.