starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my milk from GOMAD even being absorbed in my gut?

Default Is my milk from GOMAD even being absorbed in my gut?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm 18 years old (125lbs, 5'8"). I've kept on stalling on 70kg and reset countless of times. I realized I was stalling because I was no eating enough (eating 3400kcal a day) and improper form. I decided to do GOMAD on top of my 3400kcal. So, on the first day on GOMAD, I got ver bad stomach pain, flatulence and painful diarrhea. The secnd day was better, still got flatulence and slight diarrhea. The 3rd and 4th day was way better, no more diarrhea and stomach pain. Felt comfortable but only slight flatulence. But when I poop, I poop more than usual. My poop also seems to float and was pale yellow and smelled odd than usual. I suspected that I was shitting all of the milk I've consumed the past few days. When I checked the internet, it's basically undigested food that haven't been absorbed and is fermented by bacteria in the colon causing it to float and smell different. I feel really upset as I really want to get strong by drinking milk and what's the point if all of my milk keeps ending up in the toilet bowl. I spend a lot of money stocking up on milk and I don't want it to go to waster. Has anyone experienced this, should I keep on continuing and let my stomach adapt to drinking Milk?

It sounds like you're dying. If you're reading this, you should go to the ER right now so you don't die.

Seriously, there's some leg work you'll need to do for your diet. 1) Read Rip's "A Clarification" article. 2) Read my "To be a beast" article. 3) Understand that you're not supposed to just add a gallon of milk a day to your diet overnight. You'll have issues dealing with all the extra calories unless you titrate it up- this is especially true if you're not a big dairy person prior to this. Starting at 2-3 glasses of milk per day and adding a glass every 2nd day until you're at a gallon is reasonable, but then again you might not need GOMAD if you're eating enough calories otherwise to gain weight (you do). You're massively underweight and given your 'stall' point, I assume you started too high weight wise, form was not very good, and you haven't been gaining weight - probably in addition to not sleeping well either. You might consider reading this too. Chill out though man, you're just rushing the process. Start over on Monday and get your shit together over the weekend.

Thanks for the reply, but what do you mean by saying I'm dying and need to go to the ER immediately?

By the way, love ur articles and downloaded then for reference!

My diet consists of 600g of raw chic breast, 5 eggs, 2 cups of rice (dry yield), 6 wholmeal bread and 6 tbsp of PB. I'm on a college budget so not much variety.

To tell you the truth, if I got enough money, I'll guarantee buy a shitload of food and stuff my face cause I have a huge appetite. But due to budget restraints (controlled by my parents, my dad also is retired, have 3 more children and relying on EPF), I have to make sure I do not overspend. So I basically used all of my savings to stalk up on full cream milk and invest it on my strength.

I'm sick and tired of being weak, skinny and having to keep on resetting billions of time. I read the book and my form was actually okay from video tape but my sport science seniors and lecturers say I'm leaning too forward and should stay upright (bull shit) but I posted my technique was bad here due to all the negative remarks and need some clarifications if that's the case. If you want, I can post a video here.

With 3400kcal, my weight wasn't going up and thought of doing GOMAD and felt I need more food. Its true I haven't consumed milk for years and drinking a large sum in one shot would prove counter productitive.

I think I'll start lowering all of my weights from square 1 starting by squatting at 60kg again and deadlifting 80kg since anything below that feels rather light to me and work my way up from there by adding 2.5kg. I'm consuming full cream milk powder so basically 400g=1 gallon. Macros and calories all the same and also fits my budget. I'll split my intake to smaller portions and build up slowly. Any remarks on my approach and any more advice?

Sorry for the insanely long post. I know ur a busy guy but I really want to get strong! So thanks again for ur time.

Something like this happened to me....I used GOBAD. Gallon of Beer a Day.

Flatulence, bloating, vomiting and it affected my eyesight too......judging from the girls I propositioned.

It did add weight, but my lifts went backwards after a week of GOBAD.

I'm trying GORAD next, but the only way to get that much Rum is by joining the British Navy.

it sounds like you're lactose intolerant. Try lactose free milk. And post a video for a form check on your lifts in the technique section.

Thanks for the reply, but what do you mean by saying I'm dying and need to go to the ER immediately?
    Re read my post.

Quote Originally Posted by amos.lim100 View Post
    My diet consists of 600g of raw chic breast, 5 eggs, 2 cups of rice (dry yield), 6 wholmeal bread and 6 tbsp of PB.

Any remarks on my approach and any more advice?
    Yeah, don't eat raw chicken breast.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Baraki View Post
    Yeah, don't eat raw chicken breast.
    I thought he meant chic breast, like some elegant boobs or what not....

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron8 View Post
    it sounds like you're lactose intolerant. Try lactose free milk. And post a video for a form check on your lifts in the technique section.
    The symptoms you describe do sound like lactose intolerance. Just don't switch to soy milk unless you want to have more oestrogen than a woman.

Soy's Negative Effects: Men's Health.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast