starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Distilled Water

Default Distilled Water

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Dr. I was wondering about the pros and cons of drinking distilled water? I'm a bodybuilder turned powerlifter and distilled water is something that I use to drink when leaning down for BB bc my old coach told me to do it. But just how beneficial is it and what is the difference between it and regular water? Thanks!

It's not beneficial at all. Best case scenario you're just wasting money drinking distilled water and worst case scenario your electrolyte status is negatively affected.

This is something being passed around the Crossfit Bowmanville location right now. They sell distilled water so it sounds like a snake-oil pitch. Some of their justification included distilled water working as a "blank pallet" to build off of. (lol). Also had someone tell me that your water is "mineralized" when it hits your teeth/tongue. I will ask some questions about their thoughts on whether its detrimental to one's electrolyte status on Monday. Thanks as always, Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    It's not beneficial at all. Best case scenario you're just wasting money drinking distilled water and worst case scenario your electrolyte status is negatively affected.
    So do you not agree with drinking filtered water, even in places where the tap source is particularly hard?

Quote Originally Posted by jdoolittle View Post
    So do you not agree with drinking filtered water, even in places where the tap source is particularly hard?
    Filtered water is not even close, content wise, to distilled water. And depending on how hard is "particularly hard" I would recommend drinking filtered water if the calcium content is >5.5 mmol/l.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfTheLiger View Post
    Some of their justification included distilled water working as a "blank pallet" to build off of. (lol).
    The difference doesn't matter, but, technically that's true. If you could somehow get 100% dialed in on what is "optimal" (hint:you can't), I suppose you would want to know exactly what you're drinking so you could optimize that as well. Kind of missing the forest for the trees though.

Alkaline water? . . .its the new thing

Yes or No Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    Alkaline water? . . .its the new thing

Yes or No Jordan?
    Dumber than cupping.

One last one....

Alternating hot and cold baths?
    (Blood flow, lymphatic drainage flow what ever)

Bullshit too?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    One last one....

Alternating hot and cold baths?
    (Blood flow, lymphatic drainage flow what ever)

Bullshit too?
    Bullshit for what? When asking a question, it needs to be complete. I assume you are/were joking about the alkaline water, but with the hot/cold baths what outcome do you want to know if it "works" for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast