starting strength gym

Thread: Do really need conditioning?

Default Do really need conditioning?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I was wondering with the protocols that we use for strength training, squat,DL, bench, press,Olympic lifts. Do we really need conditioning? Such as hiit etc, and if we do what are there benefits towards the strength gainz

I need you to ask me a more direct question including context, por favor.

My question is what is the purpose of conditioning for body composition or recovery between sets? Surely the latter would improve from just doing more squats etc...and surely body composition is a manpulation of nutrition....I'm just trying to attain the direct pupose of conditioning.....it cannot be from cardio vascular stand point as weight training does that too...sorry if I'm confusing you lol

Conditioning is an adjunct intervention for all the things you mentioned. Sometimes you don't want to lower calories for a variety of reasons, sometimes you can't just do more squats because total fatigue would be too high, and sometimes the "cardio" benefit from weight training is not sufficient for the application.

I can see there advantage in an intermediate however, for a novice on LP wouldn't it also add to the fatigue factor? Especially once you are 300lb+ Squat

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice-man View Post
    I can see there advantage in an intermediate however, for a novice on LP wouldn't it also add to the fatigue factor? Especially once you are 300lb+ Squat
    Yes, which is why I asked for context......since that is important!