starting strength gym

Thread: Why do we need so many god damn carbs?

Default Why do we need so many god damn carbs?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I mean is there some sort of hormonal signaling in the body that says "Hey this muscle needs more glucose!" or is it more akin to being "I have enough, go store as fat somewhere idgaf." Also is there such a thing as carb timing (besides pre and post workouts). Obviously you probably don't want to eat 300g of carbs in one sitting though. Anyway, hold on... I think I can specify my question... Should one just eat carbs at the time of protein ingestion when MPT can again occur after a refractory period, or would it be better to split the carbs up in 2 separate meals: One some amount at time of protein ingestion, and one meal in between your next protein ingestion during the refractory period? I'm asking to further possibly discuss more optimal gains so it favors more a higher muscle gain rate to fat gain.

It matters FAR more total calories, then macro levels, then a large chasm, then timing and everything else. Total amount and style of training matters hugely too. I'm not sure I can answer your question with any authority other than the protocol it seems like you're laying out sounds overly complicated IMO.