starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paleo for strength

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Priceless. I especially love how cocoa can be paleo being such a local product everywhere.
    Coke?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Yea I hate the joint pains that bread and sugar cause. Terrible right?
    ahahahah I messed up, meant to post this comment on the other post... you know, the one you said I sucked
    Seems like somehow I do suck )

But seriously they do give me joint pain. Whateva

Quote Originally Posted by Shahab.Fardhal View Post
    ahahahah I messed up, meant to post this comment on the other post... you know, the one you said I sucked
    Seems like somehow I do suck )

But seriously they do give me joint pain. Whateva
    I said you suck? Where?

Yea I hate the joint pains that bread and sugar cause. Terrible right?
    Now my hip, elbow and shoulder pains finally make sense, as I write this over the donuts I'm eating.

I said you suck? Where?
    You didn't. Just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    Now my hip, elbow and shoulder pains finally make sense, as I write this over the donuts I'm eating.
    The glucose polymerizes in vivo and glycates the prolines in the type 1 collagen as well as the ground substance produced by the chondrocytes in these soft tissue structures. This glycated end product causes a bit more inflammation in the soft tissue structure, so that makes sense...

Getting back to the original topic I don't find it that difficult to pull off. Protein is not the issue with Paleo. Carbs are the real crux but after a ton of experimentation I think it's not that hard to pull off (if you're not the hysterical paleo type). What I do is eat potatoes and sometimes rice with every meal if at all possible. Post workout for instance I often order sushi where a nice portion is about 1000kcal, 50g protein, 160g carbs, 20g fat, which I think is decent enough to make gainzZz. In addition I eat about 6 bananas per day.

Easy peasy. Fairly clean. No heavily processed foods, no gluten, no cheap vegetable oils, no processed sugars. I think that comes close enough to the idea of Paleo.

Are potatoes and rice paleo? What is "Paleo"? Is there evidence to suggest that a "fairly clean" diet is better than a "moderately clean" diet or other diet? I'm not so sure and 6 bananas a day sounds sub optimal from a health and performance standpoint given the fructose load so....yea, I probably wouldn't sign off on that.

Are potatoes and rice paleo? What is "Paleo"? Is there evidence to suggest that a "fairly clean" diet is better than a "moderately clean" diet or other diet? I'm not so sure and 6 bananas a day sounds sub optimal from a health and performance standpoint given the fructose load so....yea, I probably wouldn't sign off on that.
    Is fructose from fruit rather than, for example, HFCS really that tragic Jordan?. My understanding has been that the two have completely different metabolic effects and that whole fruit consumption isn't associated with obesity, NAFLD, increased LDL and other badness etc.

starting strength coach development program
    The glucose polymerizes in vivo and glycates the prolines in the type 1 collagen as well as the ground substance produced by the chondrocytes in these soft tissue structures. This glycated end product causes a bit more inflammation in the soft tissue structure, so that makes sense...
    You know, is just thinking the same EXACT thing. 😂

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast