starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are multivitamins good for you?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Still a good question though. To repeat, do you think multi-vitamins are helpful if one eats a relatively decent diet?

My sister, who is taking courses on nutrition insists that I should be taking very expensive, all-natural multi-vitamins (almost a dollar each), along with refrigerated fish oils, probiotics, etc. on a daily basis.

I'm all about good health and maintenance, especially since I am in my fifties and am pushing myself hard weightlifting, but wonder if these supplements are effective or not.

What supplements, if any, would you recommend a 50+ year old lifter take?

Thanks for your time and input Jordan...

You must have at least 25 posts on the Starting Strength Forums before posting a question here. No exceptions.
    I'm curious. Given the rule, how did this post make it through since this was the spammer's only post?

Quote Originally Posted by NightShiftMedic View Post
    Was this your edit Jordan? Maybe I'm easily entertained but it made me laugh hard enough I almost vomited.
    I get bored sometimes and it seems appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Still a good question though. To repeat, do you think multi-vitamins are helpful if one eats a relatively decent diet?

My sister, who is taking courses on nutrition insists that I should be taking very expensive, all-natural multi-vitamins (almost a dollar each), along with refrigerated fish oils, probiotics, etc. on a daily basis.

I'm all about good health and maintenance, especially since I am in my fifties and am pushing myself hard weightlifting, but wonder if these supplements are effective or not.

What supplements, if any, would you recommend a 50+ year old lifter take?

Thanks for your time and input Jordan...
    I don't think a multivitamin is really useful for most folks without evidence of a deficiency. I think people should take creatine, betaine anhydrous, beta alanine, whey, and maybe fish oil and vitamin D, but I'm not sure how I feel about those just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    I'm curious. Given the rule, how did this post make it through since this was the spammer's only post?
    I was bored and approved it to make fun of him.

betaine anhydrous & beta alanine

How much should you take ? Is that daily ?

Without being a dumbass like the OP what do they go ? Induce gainnnnnzzz ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd90 View Post
    betaine anhydrous & beta alanine

How much should you take ? Is that daily ?

Without being a dumbass like the OP what do they go ? Induce gainnnnnzzz ?
    Take 1g betaine anhydrous pre and post workout. This is a strong antioxidant that tends to push MPS a little bit more than without it.

Take 3g beta alanine pre and post workout. It buffers hydrogen ions and some suspect a central nervous system mechanism that also influences fatigue, allowing one to train a little more.

starting strength coach development program
    Lol - so disappointed everyone has already commented on gooch powder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12