starting strength gym

Thread: minicut

Default minicut

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Jordan,
    after a surgery I had to take 1 month off.
    Also, I didn't do squats and deadlifts since august because of a back injury. Now I'm getting back into lifting and am planning to hit my old squat and deadlift numbers in about 5 weeks. I've already lost 6-7 lbs in the past month as I didn't see a reason to bulk when not training. I plan on loosing another 3 lbs in the next to weeks as I will use light weights, that don't provide a stimulus anyways. Will I loose strength that way? Is it better to cut wheb you start off with training after an injury or is it better to cut at a moment when you usw yout biggest weights?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zar9star View Post
    Hey Jordan,
    after a surgery I had to take 1 month off.
    Also, I didn't do squats and deadlifts since august because of a back injury. Now I'm getting back into lifting and am planning to hit my old squat and deadlift numbers in about 5 weeks. I've already lost 6-7 lbs in the past month as I didn't see a reason to bulk when not training. I plan on loosing another 3 lbs in the next to weeks as I will use light weights, that don't provide a stimulus anyways. Will I loose strength that way? Is it better to cut wheb you start off with training after an injury or is it better to cut at a moment when you usw yout biggest weights?
    Thanks
    Yea if you're not using heavy enough weights to produce a stress and subsequent adaptation, you're get weaker. I wouldn't plan on doing that unless you're rehabbing the injury still, though if you're rehabbing a non surgical injury from August still...well, I think you might be best served by getting a professional's help.