starting strength gym

Thread: Non training days eating

Default Non training days eating

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I, like many of you, am packing on the pounds. It's getting uncomfortable for work. I wonder aloud to you smart guys: can I at least restrict calories on my non-training days or will that derail my progress? I work 2 on 3 off 3 on 4 off, not including OT. So, I train on my off days only. Thoughts?? Thanks fellas!

What about work is uncomfortable? How much weight have you gained? What do you currently squat? Why would limiting calories on the days you recover, which require the most fuel in order to actually recover, be a good strategy?

In a car 12-18 hrs wearing 30+ lbs on my body. I've gained about 35 lbs, now 225 at 69". Weight stacks on my gut not much anywhere else. Makes me wonder how much strength I'm going to have left if I eat less to lean up. Squat is 355x3x5, trying to return to 380 (past PR). with the gut growing it makes me think I do not need all I eat.

Yea you don't need to gain weight to get stronger from a novice LP perspective. Your recovery and training schedule are the likely critical factors here.

Yeah sadly not much I can do with the schedule tho. I was trying to do one lift per day but with long workdays that often wasn't doable. So how about training days and the day after I eat a lot but tone it down on other days is that alright?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysthinkin View Post
    Yeah sadly not much I can do with the schedule tho. I was trying to do one lift per day but with long workdays that often wasn't doable. So how about training days and the day after I eat a lot but tone it down on other days is that alright?
    I don't think that will work well either. I think that you have to make time to train within your means and eat consistently such that it produces the results that are appropriate for you. Right now, that's probably maintenance of BW.