starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: question about a programming recommendation you gave during a recomp

Default question about a programming recommendation you gave during a recomp

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...p/t-38605.html
    You mentioned that HLM/GS strength bias program but I was wondering what the template might look like. I get the concept just confused about what it looks like.

I think that's probably consult territory

If you are willing to write a detailed description of the program like you did with GSSB well I am probably willing to pay you. How much would you charge? I can paypal you the amount. You have given me so much free information here to improve my life I would likely gladly pay the piper for such info.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larousse View Post
    If you are willing to write a detailed description of the program like you did with GSSB well I am probably willing to pay you. How much would you charge? I can paypal you the amount. You have given me so much free information here to improve my life I would likely gladly pay the piper for such info.
    Which program? I see a few in that thread.

Specifically the greyskull SB/HLM hybrid you mentioned....i like both programs alot but i would love to see how to combine them and especially for someone who is trimming fat

Im not at the point where i need to trim fat but to have something like that in my arsenal if i need or a friend of mine needs something like that i would appreciate the info. You mentioned it was probably a more optimal program and I can guess that when you are working to a given rep range rather than trying to add a set amount of weight to the bar each week it would allow for individual differences in strength levels given the fact you would on a diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larousse View Post
    Specifically the greyskull SB/HLM hybrid you mentioned....i like both programs alot but i would love to see how to combine them and especially for someone who is trimming fat

Im not at the point where i need to trim fat but to have something like that in my arsenal if i need or a friend of mine needs something like that i would appreciate the info. You mentioned it was probably a more optimal program and I can guess that when you are working to a given rep range rather than trying to add a set amount of weight to the bar each week it would allow for individual differences in strength levels given the fact you would on a diet.
    Ah, yea I'll have to pull that back up and reformat it. I'll put it up for sale or distribute it for free (one way or another). I always liked that program.

Are you referring to this? Or something entirely different?

GSLP Strength Bias | Barbell Medicine

I've done your GSLP Strength Bias as written and I loved it. Not sure I'd want to trim fat on it, but it was good stuff I thought.

I would love to see a strength-focused early intermediate recomp/slow cut program. I think there are a lot of people who start LP a little fluffy, gain a little more weight running LP, but don't want to get any fatter when the easy gains taper off.

Quote Originally Posted by cph View Post
    I would love to see a strength-focused early intermediate recomp/slow cut program. I think there are a lot of people who start LP a little fluffy, gain a little more weight running LP, but don't want to get any fatter when the easy gains taper off.
    The holy grail, right? That's useful! Thank you.

starting strength coach development program
    I (think) there are 2 generally accepted ways to do this:

1) slow. Cut calories to 100 or 200 below TDEE a day as an average per week. Eat 100 or 200 over TDEE on training days, cut on the non training days. Takes longer, but strength can be maintained, or improved.
    2) fast. Cut calories so that .5% of body weight is lost per week, not cutting below Basal Metabolic. Work out fasted, take BCAA before, yada yada. No way to really eat to TDEE on work out days as there just isn't enough calorie leeway as to not drop below Basal rest of the week, although some calorie move around is doable. HiiT on non training days to deplete glycogen stores, ect.

Both these methods come in different flavors and specifications based on whoever is espousing the diet of the week, or their "system" but it always boils down to those 2.

1) is completely doable for almost everyone, but can take months to see the results you want. 2) will yield dramatic results, but you WILL lose strength while doing it, although it comes back very fast.

Of course you can do a hybrid of 1 and 2 for a result somewhere in the middle. Key really is to pick something and STICK to it. Think of it just like you would your linear progression was. Its a long term goal you work on every day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast