starting strength gym

Thread: To Be A Beast- Fluffy Novice new to LP

Default To Be A Beast- Fluffy Novice new to LP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Jordan, I just want to start out by thanking you for all the time you've already invested into these forums. I've read a lot and I think I've nailed down a fairly competent plan.

I would really appreciate it if you could quickly look over my numbers and let me know if I need to change anything to optimize my LP.
    32 Male
    5'10- Sedentary Job
    213lbs, 164lbs LBM, 23% BF
    3 weeks into SS LP
    Current Working sets: all lifts have been progressing with 5-10lb increments. No missed reps yet.
    Squat: 305
    Bench: 190
    Deadlifts: 315
    Press: 115
    Power Cleans: 190

Last year I dropped from 246 to 195 pounds from February to August. I was also doing crossfit for the year. I'm not 100% on this but I believe my lean body mass went up 10 pounds last year due to staying committed to crossfit. I've never stuck to an actual strength training program for more than two weeks though. From September to now I've put on 15 pounds due to eating more and less exercise. I've still done crossfit twice a week and my conditioning is fairly good.

My new nutrition plan going through this LP comes from what I understood in your article, "To Be A Beast".

Cals & Macros
    244P, 77F, 278C
    HIIT 2x per week for 30 min session

I believe this will maintain my current weight, while allowing for some LBM gain and fat loss. Please let me know if you think there is anything glaringly wrong here.
    Thanks!

Macros look fine, but I would drop the HIIT for now until you get past the novice phase.

Glad I'm not considered fat enough to keep the HIIT in. Thanks for the response.