starting strength gym

Thread: Why am I so weak?

Default Why am I so weak?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I can't make any more progress despite 5000+ calories each day and 10 hours of sleep each day. I've been on/off training for years and jumped on SS to stop messing around and I'm currently at 3x5 185 lb bench, 3x5x115 OHP, 3x5 255 squat, 1x5x315 deadlift but I just can't progress further.. I always burn out. I live a sedentary life and eat all the time. Often I take in an additional 1000+ calories to the 5000 I'm already eating. I know a lot of people will say technique but I've studied the books and videos from Mark and no one seems to see a problem with my bench. Around these numbers I start to regress and can't do it anymore and a few weeks later I build back up to them. Any ideas..?

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon View Post
    I can't make any more progress despite 5000+ calories each day and 10 hours of sleep each day. I've been on/off training for years and jumped on SS to stop messing around and I'm currently at 3x5 185 lb bench, 3x5x115 OHP, 3x5 255 squat, 1x5x315 deadlift but I just can't progress further.. I always burn out. I live a sedentary life and eat all the time. Often I take in an additional 1000+ calories to the 5000 I'm already eating. I know a lot of people will say technique but I've studied the books and videos from Mark and no one seems to see a problem with my bench. Around these numbers I start to regress and can't do it anymore and a few weeks later I build back up to them. Any ideas..?

I'm not sure if there's enough information here to guide you or what your specific question is. How old are you, what do you way, how long have you been doing SS?