starting strength gym

Thread: EC stack drawbacks (hopefully non redundant)

Default EC stack drawbacks (hopefully non redundant)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    There's been a lot of conversation about EC stack in this forum and I saw that you (Jordan) didn't recommend the 3 times a day dosage unless your fat loss was stuck and you were really lean. I'd been taking caffeine for years and when I added ephedrine (2-3 times a day, 20/200), it seemed my LP gains were re-triggered after being stuck at 230x5x3 for squats (currently at 315x5 a few months later). Obviously this may have been placebo effect or some other factor. But I like the appetite suppressing effects and let's be honest, I enjoy the buzz. Anyway, to the point:

Could you briefly elaborate on why you wouldn't recommend EC 2-3 times a day unless you're lean and fat loss is stalled? Am I screwing up my health (or worse, MY GAINS) long term?

What did your weight do from 230 x 5 x 3 to 315 x 5? And this was one set of 5? I'm not sure if 1 set of 315 x 5 is actually much stronger than 230 x 5 x 3, rather the goal posts have changed.

I don't recommend EC 2-3x/day unless you're already pretty lean because I think there are easy management options with less risks to take advantage of first and save the ace in the hole for later on.

It was one set of 315x5, but my 3 sets went to 295x5x3. My body weight increased about 15 pounds (165-180 pounds, my waistline is nearly 40 inches though). Deadlift 5 rep max has increased nearly 70 pounds. I'm not sure if you remember but I was the guy that asked in the podcast about the weak 155x5 bench in comparison to the 315x5 beltless squat and 400+ deadlift. This was at the end of my LP. I added a belt today so the imbalance is worse now. Andy recommended I bench twice a week. Thanks!

where the hell are you buying ephedrine?

Quote Originally Posted by synnfusion View Post
    It was one set of 315x5, but my 3 sets went to 295x5x3. My body weight increased about 15 pounds (165-180 pounds, my waistline is nearly 40 inches though). Deadlift 5 rep max has increased nearly 70 pounds. I'm not sure if you remember but I was the guy that asked in the podcast about the weak 155x5 bench in comparison to the 315x5 beltless squat and 400+ deadlift. This was at the end of my LP. I added a belt today so the imbalance is worse now. Andy recommended I bench twice a week. Thanks!
    Those are pretty good results, though I'm just not sure why ephedrine for a guy who is gaining weight at the moment you know?

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ.D. View Post
    You can buy it at the pharmacy in most states for asthma.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    You can buy it at the pharmacy in most states for asthma.
    I dont have asthma and would probably get put a DEA watchlist for meth.

: /

I miss the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Those are pretty good results, though I'm just not sure why ephedrine for a guy who is gaining weight at the moment you know?
    Basically the reasoning was that the buzz felt good and I was afraid cutting it out would result in performance loss. But I actually did go cold turkey on the ephedrine about a week ago and simply followed the 3-9mg/kg caffeine advice and haven't noticed any performance loss. Sleep has improved also.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MattJ.D. View Post
    Yeah in the states I just buy it in the form of Primatene from a Kroger pharmacy. They limit how much you can buy a month but it's a huge limit as far as dieting purposes are concerned.