starting strength gym

Thread: Going over my fat macros???

Default Going over my fat macros???

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Jordan,

Sorry if you've been asked this before, I searched but didn't really find an answer in any previous threads.

Anyway, I'm 17 years old, 165lbs and 5' 10". I started SS about a month ago.
    My lifts are:
    Squat: 225lbs
    Deadlift: 235lbs
    Bench: 115lbs
    Snatch:100lbs
    I am snatching instead of cleaning because I broke my wrist in the first week of January and the flexibility is still not 100%. Also I do not want to put any undue force on it just yet.

I am eating ~3600 cals/day,
    My macros are:
    Carb:400-500g
    Protein:~270g
    Fat: 80-100g

First how does this look overall?

Also I tend to go over my fat macro, approximately 4 days out of the week I get between 110 and 120 grams of fat, and due to this extra fat, my protein macro suffers. I still get >1g/lb of bodyweight of protein, but it is lower than 270g. I attribute this extra fat to my love of whole milk, I drink upwards of a half gallon a day, and that's 64g of fat right there. I guess my question is am I alright going over or should I quit making excuses, get that fat down, and protein up.

Sorry about the long post, I just want to give you the most info as possible.
    Thanks for any help you can provide

-Jake

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Take 80g off your protein intake and add 40g of fat to your diet. That's what I'd do.